TWU is a vibrant community with events occurring throughout the year. Here are some tips on publicizing your event to the university community.
- TWU Update (faculty and staff newsletter). Event information, including the date, subject, time and location should be emailed to Karen Garcia at email@example.com on the first or third Tuesday of the month by 5 p.m. to be published the following week.
- Contact the TWU Lasso student newspaper to request a calendar listing and/or article or to purchase an advertisement. Contact the Lasso directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- TWU Calendar of Events. To add an event, visit http://www.twu.edu/cal_default.asp. Be sure to include a link to a web page where more information can be found.
- Post event information on TWU's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/texaswomansuniversity (anyone can do this). Include a link to a web page for more information.
- Request a link in "Upcoming Events" on the TWU home page by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The event must include a link to a web page for more information. Space on the home page is limited, and it may be impossible to accommodate all requests.
You also may request a news release on an event if it meets the following criteria:
- The event is open to the general public
- The event is of interest to the general public
- The event is scheduled at a date and time accessible to the general public
To request a news release, please email Amanda Simpson at email@example.com or Karen Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org at least three weeks prior to the event. Be sure to include the date, subject, time and location. Please note: Requests will be prioritized according to the above criteria, and at peak times not all requests may be fulfilled.
Sending a news release to the media does not guarantee publication. Media outlets determine which events they will publish.
page last updated 11/25/2013 10:12 AM