TWU Foundation receives $1.7 million estate gift
The gift will benefit the greatest needs of the university, including specific resources for the TWU Department of History and Government.
A lifelong resident of Denton, Mr. Jamison served seven consecutive terms in the Texas Legislature starting in 1954. He left the Legislature in 1968 to join the faculty of TWU. He became chair of the TWU Department of History and Government in 1981 and retired from the university in 1984.
He received a Bronze Star for his World War II service as an Army antiaircraft artillery officer in North Africa, Sicily, Italy and Germany. He passed away in 2011.
In 1947 he married Elisabeth McCullar of Denton. Mrs. Jamison received her bachelor's degree in music from the Texas State College for Women, now TWU, in 1943. She died in 2009.
The Jamisons were longtime supporters of the university and members of TWU's Old Main Society.
Named after the first building on the Denton Campus, the Old Main Society recognizes alumni and friends who have included the TWU Foundation or TWU in their estate plans. For more information on the Old Main Society, contact the TWU Office of University Advancement at 940-898-3863.
Director of Media Relations
page updated 1/26/2015 10:50 AM