TWU to recognize faculty, staff and students during Honors Convocation
TWU faculty receiving recognition are:
• Dr. Don E. Edwards, professor and chair of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science — the Humphries Award;
• Dr. Jacob M. Blosser, associate professor of history; and Dr. Judi Moreillon, assistant professor of library science — the Mary Mason Lyon Award;
• Dr. Ellina Grigorieva, professor of mathematics — Distinction in Scholarship;
• Dr. Jack T. Gill, professor of chemistry — Distinction in Service;
• Dr. Sarah McMahan, assistant professor of teacher education — Distinction in Teaching;
• Dr. Molly Russ, assistant professor of management — Distinction in Distance Education.
TWU staff members receiving recognition are:
• Karrie Fletcher, assistant director of Fitness and Recreation — TWU Award of Excellence; and
• Janelle Davis, academic adviser in the Department of Kinesiology; and Judy Franz, coordinator of education field experiences in the College of Professional Education — Outstanding Achievement Awards.
Student excellence also will be recognized during the ceremony.
The Pauline Bishop Leman Memorial Award for outstanding artistic achievement will be presented to Erin Bailey, a master of fine arts candidate in dance, from Columbia, S.C.
Recipients of the Graduate Council Awards for Exceptional Original Scholarship are:
• Elizabeth Enochs, doctoral student in library science, from Fort Worth.
• Hannah Mills, doctoral candidate in early childhood development and education, from northeastern Wyoming.
Outstanding Senior Award recipients will be recognized during Honors Convocation. Their awards will be presented at the TWU Accolades Luncheon on Friday, April 11. These award recipients are:
• Wen (Wendy) Yu Chong, a biology major from Houston;
• Bailey Vrazel, a kinesiology and pre-physical therapy major from Danbury; and
• Emma C. Zemler, a double major in mathematics and computer science at TWU and enrolled in the TWU/University of North Texas dual degree program in math and engineering, majoring in electrical engineering at UNT. Ms. Zemler is from Corinth.
page updated 4/14/2015 9:01 AM