TWU to recognize faculty, staff and students during Honors Convocation
TWU faculty receiving recognition are:
• Dr. Claire Sahlin, professor and chair of the Department of Women’s Studies — the Cornaro Award;
• Dr. Sneha V. Bharadwaj, assistant professor of speech pathology; and Dr. Laura Hanson, assistant professor of biology — the Mary Mason Lyon Award;
• Dr. Sarah McIntire, professor and chair of the Department of Biology — the Humphries Award;
• Dr. Nathaniel Mills, professor of biology — Distinction in Teaching;
• Dr. Janine Golden, assistant professor of library science — Distinction in Service;
• Dr. Gretchen Hoffman, assistant professor of library science — Distinction in Distance Education;
• Dr. Pushkala Raman, associate professor of marketing — Innovation in Academia; and
• Dr. Richard Shuster, associate professor of music — Distinction in Scholarship.
TWU staff members receiving recognition are:
• Deborah Unruh, coordinator of Student Life-Houston — TWU Award of Excellence; and
• Mary “Beth” Palmer, facilities manager of Pioneer Hall, and Tesse Scott, coordinator of fieldwork administration for the School of Occupational Therapy — Outstanding Achievement Awards.
Student excellence also will be recognized during the ceremony.
Recipients of the Graduate Council Awards for Exceptional Original Scholarship are:
• Sangwoo Lee, a doctoral candidate in kinesiology from Denton; and
• Heidi Gilroy, a doctoral student in nursing from Houston.
Outstanding Student Award recipients will be recognized during Honors Convocation. Their awards will be presented at the TWU Accolades Luncheon on Friday, April 19. These award recipients are:
• Drew Curtis, a doctoral candidate in counseling psychology from Houston;
• Hoda Yeganehjoo, a December 2012 master of science in nutrition graduate from Lantana.
• Kelly Fisher, an accounting major from Denton;
• Linh Huynh, a mathematics major from Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam; and
• Barbara West, a government-legal studies major from Houston.
page updated 8/25/2014 4:22 PM