TWU to host Music and Health Symposium Nov. 1-2
The Music and Health Symposium is sponsored by the TWU Department of Music and Drama. Admission is free. For more information, call (940) 898-2500.
The screening will begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 1 in the Margo Jones Performance Hall, located at Pioneer Circle and Oakland Avenue on TWU’s Denton campus. Dr. Tomaino will take questions from the audience following the screening. Those attending are asked to bring two cans of food or other non-perishable items for the TWU Food Pantry, which provides food for TWU students in need.
A Symposium on Music and Health is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 in the performance hall. Speakers include:
• Dr. Concetta Tomaino, executive director and co-founder of the Institute for Music and Neurologic Function, presenting “Music Therapy with Neurological Disorders;”
• Jennefer Dixon, music therapist at Seasons Hospice in Dallas, presenting “Music Therapy in Hospice Care;”
• Sherri Ross, Denton Independent School District music therapist, presenting “Music Therapy in Public Schools with Children with Health Impairments;”
• Shea Ingram, music therapist with Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, presenting “Music Therapy within the Child Life Program;” and
• Annie Cross, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit music therapist with Children’s Medical Center in Dallas, presenting “Music Therapy in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.”
page updated 4/16/2014 8:45 AM