Built in 1939 and dedicated by Eleanor Roosevelt, the Little Chapel-in-the-Woods was named one of Texas’ most outstanding architectural achievements. University students designed and created the building’s artwork, including stained glass windows, lighting, woodwork and flooring. The windows depict scenes of women ministering to human needs including nursing, teaching, speech, literature, dance and music. It serves as an interdenominational chapel; however, it was constructed primarily for private meditation and prayer. Over the years, many weddings
have taken place in the chapel.
For more information about the Little Chapel, including information about weddings in the chapel, please visit the Conference Services website.