This building houses the Department of Visual Arts, one of the five original departments of the College that began offering courses in 1903. In 1936 the department moved into this building, the first in Texas to be designed and built specifically to house programs in the studio arts. Two galleries complement the east and west wings of the building. Each year, exhibitions of nationally and regionally recognized artists or groups of artists are displayed. The galleries also are used as exhibition spaces for B.F.A and M.F.A. student exhibitions.
page updated 2/9/2016 5:09 PM