Student Support - Teacher Certification
Staff advisors in the Office of Student Support Services offer personalized guidance to students in the College of Professional Education, as well as to students in other colleges who are pursuing careers in teaching.
From advising prospective and current students to explaining degree options to unraveling the complexities of the certification process, Student Support helps you achieve your educational goals.
- Provides academic advising and guidance for incoming COPE freshmen and transfer students
- Prepares degree plans for interdisciplinary studies majors
- Assigns faculty advisors for interdisciplinary studies majors
- Monitors admission to the Teacher Education Program
- Verifies completion of program requirements and recommends candidates for certification
- Prepares certification plans for initial, additional and advanced certificates
- Determines student eligibility to take TExES exams and posts approvals on the SBEC website
- Screens applications for Master of Arts in Teaching program
- Serves as an information clearinghouse for all TWU students seeking teacher certification
- Administers TExES practice exams
Page last updated 4:39 PM, March 29, 2017