An Invitation to Stewardship
Welcome to the Institute of Health Sciences ~ Houston Center! As co-occupants of this new facility, we are all being challenged to care for this structural gift that has been entrusted to us. Some of the ways we can express respect for our TWU home are as follows:
1) We ask that you bring to our attention those physical issues you encounter in the structure. Help us by being our eyes and ears when things need to be repaired.
2) Please refrain from using any adhesive like tape or attaching anything to the surfaces of the building. For announcements you would like to post or information you would like to share with others in the TWU family, please get with the Student Life Office to brainstorm ways of “getting the word out”.
3) You are encouraged to pick up after yourselves when you utilize areas of the building. Please do your best to leave the space in better condition than when you came upon it.
4) We appreciate your cooperation with not bringing food or drink (except water) into classrooms. The designated areas for food are as follows:
a) The Legacy Room on the 8th Floor
b) Rooms 4314, 6310 and 7305
c) 3rd and 6th floor vending areas
d) Student Lounges on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th floors
e) Small Student Study Alcoves on the 3rd, 5th and 7th floors
f) Student Study Rooms in 3110, 3118, 3120, 3128
g) The 2nd floor bridge area
5) As you plan your group and organization activities, we ask that you be thoughtful in the type of food and drink to serve. Please steer away from items such as greasy foods, those with sauces and dressings, sodas, red substances, and others that would easily attract dirt in the fabric cloth and carpet. (For example, try sandwiches or wraps instead of pizza or lasagna; offer lemonade instead of red punch.)
6) When moving articles from floor to floor on carts, we request that you use the spacious freight elevators. They are located in the near proximity of the public restrooms on each floor. This frees the space in the six main elevators to transport comfortably people of the TWU community and visitors to various locations through the building.
7) Out of courtesy to those who come after you, please use the tables, couches and chairs wisely. It is appreciated that you do not rest your feet on the surrounding furniture while in use.
To maintain the beauty and functionality of this facility, we will need the cooperation of everyone who passes through the doors of this Institute. Numerous gifts within the utilization of this building still lay in wait ~ yet to be discovered. As those rise to the surface with the unfolding of daily life here at TWU, we will continue to examine and refine our community expectations. Collectively, we are all members of the TWU family. And as such, we are committed to a manner of excellence in the way we treat this “home” of ours. Please work with us to make it so…
page last updated 12/2/2016 3:09 PM