SGA-Dallas empowers the student body by providing a platform for students to share concerns and ideas, and creating opportunities for involvement, networking, and leadership development beyond the classroom. The assocoiation also serves as a programming board for the Dallas campus, bringing such signature events as "Get the Scoop," "Day of Service" and "Redbud Leadership & Service Recognition Awards"
Your 2014-2015 SGA Officers are:
President: Sade Wardlaw, OT
Vice-President: Adel Castillo, OT
Treasurer: Erika De La Torre, Nursing
Secretary: Kayla Pedroza, PT
Interested on serving on the board? SGA Executive Board Applications are available every January, and elections are the first week of April each spring semester. Executive board officer terms are June - May. All SGA Executive Board Officers receive a stipend each semester, and also have an opportunity to attend a national training conference in Orlando, FL each July.
Meetings are open to all students, so be sure to join us!
Fall 2014 Meetings will be held on September 8th (Room 3620), October 7th (Room 3620), and November 11th (Room 3620) from 12:00 - 1:00
Lunch provided if you RSVP in advance to TWUDallasSGA@gmail.com.
2014-15 SGA Executives
President - Sade Wardlow
- Student in the Master of Occupational Therapy Program
- BA in Psychology from Texas Tech University
- PT/OT Tech Clinic Manager (2011-13)
- Habitat for Humanity Committee Secretary (2010)
- 2.500 + hours of volunteer community service
- “A great leader is someone who finds joy in empowering others.”
Vice President - Adel Castillo
- Student in the Master of Occupational Therapy program
- BS in Rehabilitative Services from University of Texas-Pan American
- Operations Chairman-TWU Student Advisory Committee for Technology (2014)
- UTPA R.E.H.A.B. Club Sergeant of Arms (2008-2009)
- “As future allied health professionals, it is important to imagine ourselves as the practitioners we desire to be. As VP, I hope to encourage professional development and interdisciplinary rapport through increasing community engagement and campus oneness so that we carry over those behaviors into our professional lives.”
Treasurer - Erica De La Torre
- Student in the Bachelor of Nursing program
- Associates degree from Brookhaven College (President's Honor Roll)
- EMT-Basic Certification from El Centro
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- UNITE Student Mentor
- Volunteer at Methodist Dallas Medical Center.
- “I believe in the power of education and the difference it has on someone's lfe. Knowing how you can better yourself and thrive on the opportunities around you makes all the difference. My goal for SGA is to channel the students' desires into actions and be their voice for innovation.”
Secretary - Kayla Pedroza
- Student of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program
- Texas Woman's University alumnus
- Student PT Orgnaization President (2013-2014)
- “I want to bring my passion for serving my peers to this campus . . . I want to see more involvement in SGA activities and programming from students on this campus! SGA can do so much for you and I want to help YOU take advantage of it!”
We want to hear your comments, concerns, and suggestions! Please e-mail us at TWUDallasSGA@gmail.com
All questions, comments, and suggestions may also be posted on the SGA Dallas Discussion Board in Blackboard
TWU Dallas SGA Representatives
SGA Reps Fall 2014
Meet your SGA Class Representative! Class Representatives are nominated and elected by their class at the beginning of their academic program. The Class Rep is your link to SGA and the university administration. They are your voice on campus!
page updated 11/21/2014 11:48 AM