SGA-Dallas empowers the student body by providing a platform for students to share concerns and ideas, and creating opportunities for involvement, networking, and leadership development beyond the classroom. The assocoiation also serves as the primary programming board for the Dallas campus, bringing such events as our Welcome Back Parties and end-of-the-semester De-Stress Express activities.
Student Government Elections
SGA Class Representatives are elected with each new class at the beginning of each semester. Executive Board nominations and applications are available in January, and elections take place in April of every spring semester, for the following academic year term of office.
The SGA-Dallas Town Hall meetings are held between 12:00 and 1:00 pm at the Student Life Multipurpose Room, 3620. Meetings are open to all students, so be sure to join us!
The meeting dates for Fall 2013 are:
August 28, 2013
September 24, 2013
October 23, 2013
November 18, 2013
2013-14 SGA Executives
President - Brianna Brown
- Student in the College of Nursing Program
- Student Service Fee Allocation Committee Member 2012-2013
- Elected SGA Treasurer 2012-2013
- Student Senate Treasurer 2011-2012
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars Member
- Student Senate Residential Senator 2010-2011
- Student Assistant at TWU Student Life
“I am very passionate about being a representative of the TWU student body; SGA will encourage student participation in the various chartered organizations throughout campus and strengthen awareness of educational and professional opportunities in the Dallas area.”
Vice President - Karin Heaton
- Student in the Master of Occupational Therapy program
- Holds BA in Psychology, Biology minor from Northern Arizona University
- Masters work in Historic Preservation; tended to shipwreck artifacts from the U.S.S. Monitor (Civil War ironclad).
- Masters of Occupational Therapy Class of 2014 Fundraising Chair
- A former military spouse
My motto: “Bloom where you are planted”
Treasurer - Caitlin Stout
- Student in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program
- Holds a Bachelor of Science and Psychology from Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, TX.
- An active SGA class senator on campus for three years.
- Financial Vice President of a student organization for one year.
- Physical Therapy Aide at Premier Rehab Outpatient Clinic 2011-2012
- Volunteered as a tech for the Centre for Neuro Skills in Irving, TX.
“I am very active in my church and community and look forward to helping the students have a voice on the TWU Dallas campus.”
Secretary - Amanda Ogletree
- Student of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program
- Native of North Richland Hills, TX
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology at the University of Texas Austin
- Participant in colorguard
- Taught a high school colorguard group in Austin, TX.
“My love of fitness and educating others on how to stay safe while having fun lead me to the physical therapy profession; I truly believe in the power of a positive support system and I want that to be what we stand for here at TWU Dallas.”
We want to hear your comments, concerns, and suggestions! Please e-mail us at TWUDallasSGA@gmail.com
All questions, comments, and suggestions may also be posted on the SGA Dallas Discussion Board in Blackboard
page updated 11/11/2013 10:51 AM