- Care for episodic illness (upper respiratory infection, urinary tract infections, muscle strains and sprains, etc.)
- Care for medical issues (acne, hypertension, allergic rhinitis, constipation, hypothyroidism, etc.)
- Mental Health Services (anxiety, depression, panic attacks, adjustment issues related to college, etc.)
- Well woman/Well man exams
- Complete physical exams
- Confidential STI and HIV Testing
- Immunizations and Allergy Injections
- Prescriptions and prescription refills
- Lab and Imaging tests can be ordered though Student Health
- Referrals to specialist
Women's Health Care
Student Health Services provides women with a comfortable environment where they feel at ease and respected, and can ask questions of a sensitive or uncomfortable nature. Annual female health maintenance exams and other routine gynecological exams are available.
Female health maintenance exams may include:
- Breast exam
- Pap smear
- Pregnancy testing
- STI screening
Other services include birth control counseling and other prescription refills, evaluation and treatment of menstrual concerns and evaluation and treatment of common gynecological conditions and other reproductive health concerns, such as vaginal infections.
NOTE: We do not offer obstetrical care. We refer patients who are pregnant to Ob/Gyn, Mid-Wife or obstetric providers of their choosing. Limited minor illness care for pregnant students is available.
Student Health Services offers pharmacy services through Drug Emporium in Denton. Prescriptions are delivered to the clinic twice daily for pick-up for a small fee.
Services Not Provided in Student Health
- Medical emergencies (suspected heart attack, stroke, shortness of breath)
- Obstetrical Care
- Broken or fractured bones
- Formal vision tests
- Dental services
- Worker's Compensation injuries
page last updated 7/18/2016 12:39 PM