skip to content

Meningitis Vaccination Requirement (Entering Students)

Per new Texas state legislation, and beginning Jan. 1, 2012, all Texas college students (new or transfer) must receive a vaccination or booster against bacterial meningitis.

UPDATE - As of October 1, 2013 students 22 years of age or older not required to file the exemption or show proof of the vaccination.

The vaccine is required for students 21 years of age and younger of public and private colleges, living both on and off campus. An entering student is a new student or a student who has had a break of enrollment for one or more fall or spring semesters. Transfer students are considered entering students.

The student, or parent or guardian of the student, will be required to provide a certificate signed by a health practitioner or an official immunization record showing the student has received the bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster during the five-year period prior to enrollment, and not less than 10 days before the first day of classes.

The affidavit of objection form may no longer be used. Instead, applications are required to submit a notarized DSHS official Conscientious Objection Form. Please note it may take 1-2 weeks in order to complete this process. Additional information is available on the DSHS website.

Where do I submit my Meningitis Records?

Documentation may be faxed, scanned & emailed, mailed, or hand delivered to the following:

Office of the Registrar

ADM Building, Suite 128
P.O. Box 425559
Denton, Texas 76204
Fax: 940-898-3097

Office of Admissions Processing

Admissions Building, Suite 130
P.O. Box 425649
Denton, Texas 76204
Fax: 940-898-3079





Where can I get the Meningitis Vaccine (Booster)?

TWU Student Health Services provides the Meningitis vaccination for students accepted to TWU. You should also contact your private physician, local health department or pharmacy retail store i.e. Kroger, Walgreens for the Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination availability.

page last updated 2/23/2017 1:05 PM