Staff Council Constitution
- The Membership and Elections Committee would like put out a call for you to nominate yourself or someone you know to serve on the Staff Council at TWU. Visit out Elections webpage for more information or to nominate someone!
- TWU Staff Council invites you to join us on Wednesday, June 3rd for our Staff Development Day. This year’s theme is Going from Good to Great, featuring keynote speaker Chef AJ, host of the television series Healthy Living with Chef AJ which airs on Foody TV. Preregistration is required. Visit the Staff Development Day webpage for more information and to register!
- The Staff Council at TWU unanimously elected a Karen Zapata to serve as Secretary for the remainder of this term. Congratulations to Karen!
What We Do
The goal of Staff Council is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment. Our purposes are:
- To serve as a representative advisory council
- To provide a vehicle for communication of staff interests, concerns, and issues
- To present recommendations to University leadership
- To promote positive morale among TWU staff
Ways to Stay Connected
There are multiple ways to find out how Staff Council is working for you and TWU.
- Members can be contacted anytime you have a question or concern.
- Periodic staff emails will be sent by Staff Council to keep you informed of upcoming events, socials and issues.
- Staff Council Speaks! is our monthly newsletter for the fall and spring semesters.
The Executive Staff approved the Constitution and Bylaws of the Staff Council of Texas Woman's University in mid-1999. A Steering Committee of 14 longtime staff members from components across the University at the Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses worked for three years to formulate the Constitution and Bylaws. Steering Committee members were Jim Stiles, Patrick Vasquez, Sharon Saullo, Joe Lyle, Vicki Ratcliff, Amy Hall, Don Viator, Katie Flemming, Helene Bonavita, Mary Ramsey, Laurie Hammett, Lori Nelson, Mary Ann McDuff and Ann Hatch.
Human Resources was asked by Interim President Beverley Byers-Pevitts to coordinate the first Staff Council elections. TWU's first Staff Council held it's first meeting on September 29, 1999. Its first order of business was to elect officers and establish the standing committees.