Staff Council Constitution
- Next Tuesday is the second Tuesday of July and that means we will be holding the regular monthly meeting of the Staff Council at TWU. We will meet at 2:00 PM via teleconference between SH 308 (Denton), IHSD 8720 (Dallas), and IHSH 5305 (Houston). You may want to review the agenda for this month’s meeting.
- Exciting things are happening at TWU, including discussion regarding alternative work week schedules, tuition benefits for TWU employees, an improved performance evaluation process and strategic planning to best direct TWU’s future. We are proud to say that Staff Council has a voice in each of these discussions and is dedicated to representing staff in the best light possible! We invite you to attend next Tuesday’s meeting or contact a member of Staff Council personally for more information. Our goal is to serve you!
- The Membership and Elections Committee would like put out a call for you to nominate yourself or someone you know to serve on the Staff Council at TWU. Visit out Elections webpage for more information or to nominate someone!
What We Do
The goal of Staff Council is to promote a positive and collaborative work environment. Our purposes are:
- To serve as a representative advisory council
- To provide a vehicle for communication of staff interests, concerns, and issues
- To present recommendations to University leadership
- To promote positive morale among TWU staff
Ways to Stay Connected
There are multiple ways to find out how Staff Council is working for you and TWU.
- Members can be contacted anytime you have a question or concern.
- Periodic staff emails will be sent by Staff Council to keep you informed of upcoming events, socials and issues.
- Staff Council Speaks! is our monthly newsletter for the fall and spring semesters.
The Executive Staff approved the Constitution and Bylaws of the Staff Council of Texas Woman's University in mid-1999. A Steering Committee of 14 longtime staff members from components across the University at the Denton, Dallas and Houston campuses worked for three years to formulate the Constitution and Bylaws. Steering Committee members were Jim Stiles, Patrick Vasquez, Sharon Saullo, Joe Lyle, Vicki Ratcliff, Amy Hall, Don Viator, Katie Flemming, Helene Bonavita, Mary Ramsey, Laurie Hammett, Lori Nelson, Mary Ann McDuff and Ann Hatch.
Human Resources was asked by Interim President Beverley Byers-Pevitts to coordinate the first Staff Council elections. TWU's first Staff Council held it's first meeting on September 29, 1999. Its first order of business was to elect officers and establish the standing committees.