Society for Advancement of Management (SAM)
The Mission of SAM is to provide an opportunity for the members to increase management skills and expertise through participation in programs and services designed to improve the professional quality of their knowledge, performance, and leadership ability.
NABA (National Association of Black Accountants)
- Find us on Facebook as "NABA - TWU Chapter"
- The mission of NABA, Inc. is to address the professional needs of its members and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting, finance, and any business related profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors.
- Faculty Sponsors: John Nugent; Gilbert Werema; Pam Baker
ENACTUS/SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise)
- Provide students from a variety of backgrounds and interests with opportunities for personal growth and practical experience in free enterprise, entrepreneurship and service learning.
- Use the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a more sustainable world.
- Develop and execute projects that empower people in need.
- Encourage high scholastic achievement and a professional attitude.
- Serve as a catalyst for networking with professionals and seeking internship and job opportunities.
- Free to join
- Faculty Sponsor: David Rylander
SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
- Purpose: To promote the use of sound and ethical human resource management practices in the profession. Students interested in Human Resource Management have an opportunity to network and learn from professionals.
- Faculty Sponsors: Derek Crews Molly Russ
AFS (Accounting & Finance Society)
- Students with an interest in Accounting and Finance Society.
- Faculty Sponsors: Pam Baker Mark Tengesdal Reg Rezac
- Purpose: To better educate accounting majors with information on the types of jobs in the workforce and information on the CPA exam (includes job networking opportunities).
- Contact: Reg Rezac or Pam Baker
American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), North Texas Chapter
- ACHE North Texas Chapter
- Mission Statement: Create dynamic leaders by providing professional growth opportunities resulting in the overall improvement of healthcare in North Texas.
- Purpose: To encourage and recognize scholarship and accomplishment among students in business, management, and administration; and to encourage and promote aspirations toward personal and professional improvement and a life distinguished by honorable service to humankind.
- Requirements: Invitation Only
IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)
- Faculty Sponsor: Pamela Baker
FMA (Financial Management Association)
WAC (World Affairs Council)
- Faculty Sponsor: Michael Raisinghani
FTA (Fashion & Textiles Association)
- Faculty Sponsor: Sheri Dragoo
page updated 3/6/2014 10:58 AM