Assistant Professor of Sociology
Office: CFO 309
PhD 2002, Texas Woman's University
- Introductory Sociology
- Principles of Sociology
- Research Methods
- Health and Illness
- Sociology of the Apocalypse
- Sociology of Ebola
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Environment and Health
- Medical Sociology
- Sociology of Ebola
- Research Methods and Design
- Sociology of Motherhood
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2015. Fracking the Neighborhood: Reluctant Activists and Natural Gas Drilling. Cambridge: MIT Press (forthcoming).
- John Malek-Ahmed and Jessica Smartt Gullion. In Sickness and in Health: Sociological Perspectives on Healthcare. San Diego, CA: Cognella.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2014. October Birds: A Novel about Pandemic Influenza, Infection Control, and First Responders. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers (Social Fiction Series).
- Cynthia T Cook, Helen Brethauer-Gay, Amitra Hodge-Wall, and Jessica Smartt Gullion (editors). 2011. Voices in Sociology: An Introduction to the Core Concepts. San Diego, CA: Cognella.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2015. "This Toxic Material: A Poetic (Re)Presentation of Cancer/Environment Assemblages." International Review of Qualitative Research. 7(4):401-420.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2015. "Partnering with Public Health to Mitigate an Influenza Pandemic." Introduction to Emergency Management, 2nd edition, edited by Brenda D. Phillips, David M. Neal, and Gary Webb. CRC Press. In press.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2015. "Chemical Industry. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Cancer and Society, edited by Graham Colditz. SAGE. In press.
- Ellis, Erin and Jessica Smartt Gullion. 2015. "You Must Be Superwoman! How Graduate Student Mothers Negotiate Conflicting Roles." Teacher, Scholar, Mother: (re)Envisioning Motherhood in the Academy, edited by Amy Young. New York: Lexington Books. In press.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2014. "Environmental Causes." Cultural Sociolotgy of Mental Illness: An A-Z Guide, edited by Andrew Scull. Sage.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt and Erin Ellis. 2014. "A Pedagogical Approach to Action Research." Journal of Applied Social Science. 8(1):61-72.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2013. "Toxic Neighborhood." Qualitative Inquiry 19(7). 491-492.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt, and Ariel Cooksey. 2013. "Social Representations of Motherhood Through the Practice of Art Journaling." Motherhood and Literacies, edited by Amanda Richie. Demeter Press.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2012. “Get the Frack Out of My Town: A Case Study in Health Activism.” Voices in Medical Sociology: Contemporary and Historical Perspectives, edited by Cynthia Cook. San Diego, CA: Cognella.
- Gullion, Jessica Smartt. 2011. “Prejudicial Distribution of the HPV Vaccine.” Genders, 54.
- Henry, Lisa, Jessica Smartt Gullion, and Greg Gullion. 2011. “Parents Against Medical Advice.” In Cultural Anthropology, edited by Gary Ferraro. Wadsworth: Belmont, CA.
page last updated 11/23/2015 4:00 PM