Did you know that TWU has a food pantry for students?
The pantry is a project of the Department of Sociology and Social Work within the College of Arts and Sciences. It is managed by The Student Association for Social Work (SASW). Questions, call the TWU Social Work Practice Center at 940.898.2071 or contact SASW at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Food Pantry
- The primary objective of the pantry is to meet the immediate food needs of students on campus.
- Based on student need, the second objective of the pantry is to meet the short-term food needs of students.
- The final objective of the pantry is to meet the emergency non-food needs of students.
- The pantry serves approximately 25 - 30 students per month.
- The pantry is housed in the Old Main Building in Suite 200 and is open during Social Work Department business hours. It is best to call before stopping by, 940.898.2071.
- In order to maintain students’ confidentiality and dignity, accessing the food pantry does not require application or approval. It is available to any student with a need.
How Can I Make a Donation?
The food pantry items are needed all year long. As mentioned above, we serve 25 - 30 students per month and supplies can become limited. Consider hosting a food drive benefiting the food pantry! As a TWU community, let’s help our students by supplying food items and necessities for daily living.
Food Pantry Items Needed
There is a need for a variety of single-serve and easy to prepare/quick fix meals for immediate food needs while on campus attending classes. For example:
- meal and snack bars
- tuna salad packages
- mixed nuts, granola, dried fruit
- instant mac and cheese
- instant oatmeal
The food pantry includes a full refrigerator and freezer. This allows for perishable items to be stored as well, such as:
- frozen vegetables
- frozen entrees
- milk (preferably soy or almond as they have longer shelf life than cow's milk)
Traditional non-perishable pantry food items, such as:
- canned fruit
- canned vegetables
- pasta and sauce
- baby formula
- baby food
Non-food needs for personal hygiene, such as:
- shampoo and conditioner
- toilet paper
- personal female products
page last updated 11/15/2013 8:31 AM