- C.A.P.S. is open to all TWU students.
- C.A.P.S. brings in guest speakers from various child welfare related agencies.
- C.A.P.S. seeks child welfare learning and networking opportunities.
- Members co-sponsor and participate in the annual Child Abuse Awareness Information Event in the Student Union.
How to Join C.A.P.S.
- Joining C.A.P.S only requires attending events and monthly meetings.
- Membership fee is $5 per semester.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
President: Elizabeth Cruz
Vice President: Maria Barajas
Secretary: Tara Ryan
Treasurer: Stacy Kline
House of Representatives: Teresa Velasquez
Monthy Meetings & Activity Dates
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday every month at Student Union
- Kinship Fair - October 20, 2012 (Pioneer Circle)
- Denton Halloween Party - October 23, 2012
- Denton National Adoption Day - November 9, 2012
- TWU and UNT Annual Child Welfare Conference, "Strengthening Children and Family Connections through Trauma Informed Practice" - November 16, 2012
- Annual Prom Dress Drive for Foster Youth - February 2013
- Child Abuse Awareness - April 2013
- Annual Ethics Conference "Domestic Violence,: legislation, Practice and Ethical Issues" - April 26, 2013
page last updated 4/25/2013 2:50 PM