Carol Perryman, Ph.D.
School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 2011, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Information & Library Science
MS, LIS, 2004, University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana
Library and Information Science
BS, 2001, Friends University, Wichita, Kansas
- Project Coordinator, National Library of Medicine grant funded projects, Second Life
- IMLS/TRLN Research Fellow, University of North Carolina and Duke University
- Consultant, LSTA funded grant, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Library & Resource Center, Peoria, IL
- Medical & Consumer Health Librarian, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Library & Resource Center, Peoria, IL
- Information Specialist, Johnson County Public Library System
- Circulation Supervisor, KS Public Library, Kansas City
- LS 5013 Information Organization & Retrieval
- LS 5363 Health Science Information Services
- LS 5083 Consumer Health Services and Resources
- LS 5473 Health Science Reference and Resources
- Perryman C & Wildemuth B. Researching special populations. In B. Wildemuth (Ed.), Applications of social research methods to questions in information and library science. London, UK: Libraries Unlimited, 2009.
- Wildemuth B & Perryman C. Discourse analysis. In B Wildemuth (Ed.). Applications of social research methods to questions in information and library science, London, UK: Libraries Unlimited, 2009.
- Perryman C & van den Brekel G. Health libraries in Second Life. In L Bell & RB Trueman (Eds.). Virtual Worlds, Real Libraries: Librarians and Educators in Second Life and Other Multi-User Virtual Environments. Medford, NJ: Information Today, 2008.
- SLymposium2008: SLA in Second Life.† Invited speaker, November 2008.
- Perryman C & Marshall JG. Designing a curriculum in evidence-based practice for Masterís students in library and information science. In E. Connor (Ed.), Evidence-based librarianship: Case studies and active learning exercises, Oxford: Chandos Publications, 2007.
- Perryman C. Finding our foundation: Analysis of the LISA database for research retrievability. 2006 MLA Annual Meeting, Phoenix. Second place for research, MLA Research Section.
- Perryman C. (2006, July). Medicus deus: A review of factors affecting hospital library services to patients between 1790-1950. JMLA, 94(3):263-270.
- Perryman C. Information behaviors in an online smoking cessation community. 2005 MLA Annual Meeting, San Antonio. First place for research, MLA Research Section
- MLA Research Section Ad-Hoc Strategic Planning Committee, 2010 - current.
- Evidence summaries team member, 2006-2009, Evidence Based Library and Information Practice.
- Treasurer/Webmaster/Secretary, Medical Library Education Section, Medical Library Association, 2007-2009.
- Member, MLA Task Force on Research Policy Statement Revision, 2005-2007.
- Co-organizer, with Joanne Gard Marshall, 4th International Conference on Evidence-based Library & Information Practice, Chapel Hill, May 2007.
- Member, Medical Library Association, ALISE, South Central Chapter, MLA, Special Library Association.
page last updated 5/20/2013 3:09 PM