School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 2003, University of Arizona,
Department of Language, Reading and Culture
M.L.S., 1992, University of Arizona
Library Science, Concentration in School Librarianship
Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, 1988
Sonoma State University
B.A., 1972, University of Michigan
Video Introduction [wmv]
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Information Resources and Library Science, University of Arizona
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Language Reading and Culture, University of Arizona
- Assistant Clinical Professor/Lead Faculty, Northern Arizona University, Tucson Campus†
- Elementary, junior high and high school librarian
- Classroom teacher, literacy coach, and district-level school librarian mentor
- Undergraduate Level: LS 3013 Library Materials for Children
- Masterís level: LS5233 Multimedia Resources and Services, LS 5333 School Library Media Center, LS 5443 Librarians as Instructional Partners, LS 5633 The Art of Storytelling
- Dr. Moreillon has authored and coauthored numerous articles, authored two professional books for school librarians and classroom teachers, contributed chapters, and shares her scholarship through presentations around the country. Selected publications include:
- Moreillon, J. (2012). Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact. Chicago: ALA Editions.
- Moreillon, J., Luhtala, M., & Russo, C. T. (2011). Learning that Sticks: Engaged Educators + Engaged Learners. School Library Monthly, 28(1), 17-20.
- Moreillon, J. (2010). Multicultural Conversations: Online Literature Circles Focused on Social Issues. WOW Stories, 3(1). Available from, http://wowlit.org/on-line-publications/stories/storiesiii1/3/.
- Moreillon, J. (2009). Reading and the Library Program. Knowledge Quest, 38(2), 23-30.
- Moreillon, J. (2008). Two Heads Are Better than One Influencing Preservice Classroom Teachersí Understanding and Practice of Classroom-Library Collaboration. School Library Media Research 11. American Library Association, September 24, 2008
- Moreillon, J. (2007). Collaborative Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension: Maximizing Your Impact. Chicago: ALA Editions.
- Advocacy for School Library Leaders: A Call to Action, Texas Association of School Library Administrators Workshop, Austin, Texas, June 2011
- A Time to Skim, A Time to Read, or How to convince surfers to take a dive, School Library Journal Summit: "The Future of Reading," Chicago, Illinois, October 2010
- Progressive Adjunct Professor Award, Progressive Librarians Guild, Tucson Chapter, 2009
- Online vitae available
- Knowledge Quest Editorial Board, 2011-2013
- Specialized School Librarian Continuing Education Program Task Force, Texas Library Association, 2011-2012
- Bridge to Understanding Award Committee Chair, United States Board on Books for Children (USBBY), 2011-2012
- Texas Ambassador, USBBY, 2011-2013
- Texas Learning4Life Implementation Team, Texas Association of School Librarians, 2009-2012
- SLIS Doctoral Committee Chair, 2011-2012
- TWU Professional Education Council, 2009-2012
- School Library Monthly, Board of Advisors
- WOW: International Collection of Children's and Young Adult Literature, Board of Advisors and WOW Stories Editorial Review Board, University of Arizona
- American Library Association (ALA), American Association of School Librarians(AASL), and Association of Library Services to Children (ALSC)
- Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE)
- Texas Library Association (TLA), Texas Association of School Librarians (TASL), Texas Association of School Library Administrators (TASLA)
page last updated 5/20/2013 3:09 PM