Applicants to the School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) must submit two different sets of materials, one to the TWU Admissions Office and one to SLIS. Details of each set are given below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
TWU Admissions Office requires the following materials:
- ApplyTexas online application form
- Application fee
- Official transcripts for all previous university work
- Official standardized test score (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test).
Note: These test scores can be waived for applicants holding an accredited master's or doctoral degree in another discipline.
Submit application materials to the TWU Student Records Office, PO Box 425649, Denton, TX 76204-5649.
Note the following:
- The standardized test score has no time limit but only official copies of scores will be considered; contact the Student Records Office regarding questions on this point.
- The GRE is preferred but the GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or MAT are acceptable alternatives.
- No specific test scores are required; expectations are that successful applicants will generally have scores which fall at or above the median for the national aggregates of their available demographic variables.
- GPAs for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework are expected to be at least 3.0. Those who have a 3.0 or higher in a completed post-graduate degree from an accredited university will be considered.
- SLIS follows the University's requirements regarding English language proficiency scores.
SLIS requires the following materials:
- A SLIS application form
- A resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from professional and/or educational connections who can address the applicant's potential for success in graduate school
- A well-written, 2-page statement of intent addressing the applicant's professional interest, experience, or expertise in librarianship, information studies, and/or information technology
Submit SLIS application materials to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425438, Denton, TX 76204-5438 in a single, complete mailing.Please note the following:
- Applicants are encouraged to use their recommendation letters, statements, and resumes to provide evidence of their ability to handle information technology, learn about information technology, develop an understanding of librarianship, and complete graduate-level coursework.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
The preferential review deadlines are as follows:
|Term||Preferential Review Deadlines*|
*Applications continue to be accepted until all available spaces are filled.
Applications must be complete and in the SLIS office to be reviewed by the Enrollment Management Committee. Applicants will be notified when their application is complete. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current throughout the application process (including any name changes).
Letters with admission decisions from the Dean of the Graduate School will be mailed by the "response sent" dates noted above to applicants who provided completed, on-time applications. Please allow 14 business days for the response to arrive. In addition, a follow-up letter from the Director of SLIS will be mailed to admitted applicants with pertinent academic advising information.
Applications after Deadline:
The Enrollment Management Committee will continue to review applications completed after the preferential review deadline, and to admit qualified applicants until the enrollment limit for a particular semester is reached. The Committee will then move the remaining applications to consideration for the next semester.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact Ms. Brenda Mallory in the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
page last updated 3/19/2013 4:39 PM