940-898-2187††††††† SH 414
Ph.D., 2006, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Library and Information Science
M.S.I., 1999, University of Michigan
B.A., 1997, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
Library and Information Science
- Instructor, Rutgers University
- Lecturer II, Texas Woman's University
- At Masterís level:† LS 5013 Information Organization and Retrieval, LS 5053 Information Retrieval, LS 5233 Multimedia Resources and Services, LS 5573 Web Development for the Information Professions, LS 5753 Research Methods
- At Doctoral level:† LS 6903 Special Topics: Research and Issues in Library and Information Science.
- Lee, H. J. (2016) New information behavior model: Life paradigm based. Journal of the Korean BIBLIA Society for library and Information Science, 27(1), p.217-235.
- Lee, V. & Lee, H. J. (2015). Now and Future of Virtual Libraries and Education in Second Life based on Diffusion Theory, The International Journal of Communication and Linguistic Studies,13(3), p.33-47.
- Hyuk-Jin Lee has authored or co-authored several published articles including:
- Lee, H. J. (2013). Lost memory and identity: Philosophical consideration of Korean built heritages. Digital Heritage International Congress 2013, Marseille, France, Oct. 28- Nov. 1, 2013. (full proceeding paper to be published with the panel presentation).
- Lee, H. J. (2012). New paradigm of information theory: Life information theory paradigm. Proceeding presentation at 2012 Annual meeting of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, Seoul, Republic of Korea, Nov. 15-16, 2012. (pp. 9- 27).
- Lee, H. J. (2012). Sustaining Digital Heritages in Korea: the status and suggestions. The Preservation Research Exchange (PREx) 2012, Austin, TX, Feb. 17- 19, 2012.
- Lee, H. J. (2010). Collaboration in cultural heritage digitisation in East Asia, Program: Electronic library and information systems, 44 (4), pp. 357-373.
- Lee, H. J. & Neal, D. (2010). A new model for semantic photograph description combining basic levels and user-assigned descriptors, Journal of Information Science, 36 (5), pp. 547-565.
- Hill, V. & Lee, H. J. (2010). Libraries and Museums in Virtual World. Proceeding paper presented at the 16th International conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia (VSMM) 2010, Seoul, Republic of Korea, October 20-23, 2010. pp. 386-389.
- Hill, V. & Lee, H. J. (2010). Adoption of Virtual Worlds in Libraries: A Progress Report. In Proceedings, ASIST 2010 Proceedings of the 73rd ASIS&T Annual Meeting, Joining Research and Practice: Social Computing and Information Science, 47 (1), Pittsburgh, PA, October 22-27, 2010. pp. 1-3.
- The International Journal of the Image (Associate Editor since 2015)
- Member of Graduate Council, TWU
- Member of COPE Strategic Planning Committee
- Treasurer for SIG-VIS group of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIST)
- Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science (Director of Publicity, since 2010)
- International Journal of Knowledge Content Development & Technology (IJKCDT) (Editorial Board, since 2011)
- Member, TWU Federation Committee
page last updated 2/23/2017 12:54 PM