School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 2008, Emporia State University
M.L.S., 2000, Emporia State University
B.A., 1995, University of Nevada Reno
- Original Cataloger, University of Kansas
- Adjunct Instructor, Emporia State University
- Serials Cataloger for Documents, Portland State University
- At Masterís level: LS 5103 Cataloging and Classification Ė Quality Matters recognized course
- At Masterís level: LS 5013 Information Organization and Retrieval
- At Masterís level: LS 5003 Collection Development
- At Masterís level: LS 5723 Advanced Cataloging
- At Masterís level: LS 5143 Technical Services
- Hoffman, G. L. (2012). Could the Functional Future of Bibliographic Control Change Cataloging Work? An Exploration Using Abbott. Journal of Library Metadata, 12, 111-126.
- Hoffman, G. L. (2012). Using the Quality Matters rubric to improve online cataloging courses. Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 50, 158-171.
- Hoffman, G. L. (2010). Negotiating normative institutional pressures and maintaining legitimacy in a complex work environment: A multiple case study of three academic cataloging units. Advances in Library Administration and Organization, 29, 243-292.
- Hoffman, G. L. (2009). Meeting usersí needs in cataloging: What is the right thing to do? Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 47(7), 631-641.†
- Hoffman, G. L. (2009). Applying the user-centered paradigm to cataloging standards in theory and practice: Problems and prospects. Paper presented on June 18 at the North American Symposium on Knowledge Organization, Canadian and United States chapter of the International Society for Knowledge Organization, Syracuse, NY, June 18-19, 2009.
- Hoffman, G. L. (2009). Meeting usersí needs in cataloging: What is the right thing to do?† Paper presented on May 23 at the Ethics of Information Organization conference, Milwaukee, WI, May 22-23, 2009. This paper was also published in Cataloging & Classification Quarterly.
- Quality Matters peer reviewer, 2012-
- Chair, Cataloging and Metadata Round Table, Texas Library Association, 2011-2012
- Co-chair,†Technical Services Education Special Interest Group, Association for Library and Information Science Education (ALISE),†2009-2011
- Member, Competencies and Education for a Career in Cataloging Interest Group, Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS), 2008-
- TWU Library Advisory Committee, 2010-
- Outstanding Faculty Award for Teacher in Distance Education, TWU College of Professional Education, 2011
- Beta Phi Mu, 2009
- John and Valeta Richel Doctoral Fellowship, Emporia State University, 2006
page last updated 5/20/2013 3:09 PM