Total hours for the Graduate Certificate: 24
Steps to Admission
1. Apply to the TWU Graduate School.
- No standard test score is required if your undergraduate GPA is 3.0 or above, or if you have another graduate degree.
- If your undergraduate GPA is below 3.0, you are required to submit an official standardized test score as part of the application to the Graduate School. Official test scores are accepted from the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
2. Apply to SLIS. Only complete application packets will be considered. Applicants are responsible for keeping their contact information current. Submit the following materials, in a single, complete mailing, to TWU SLIS, PO Box 425438, Denton, TX 76204-5438.
- A SLIS application form (fillable PDF form; Chrome browser recommended). Please indicate on the form that you plan to pursue the Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship without MLS program.
- A resume
- A 2-page statement of intent (your professional goals and career interests)
- 3 professional reference letters sent via postal mail on official letterhead OR sent via email (to email@example.com) directly from the name of the reference
- Applications continue to be accepted until all available spaces are filled.
- The preferred application deadlines are July 1 for the Fall semester, December 1 for the Spring semester, and May 1 for the Summer semester.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact Cyndee Tanttari in the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses Required for the Graduate Certificate in School Librarianship: 24 hours
- LS 5083 Foundations of Library and Information Studies
- LS 5603 Literature for Children and Young Adults
- LS 5233 Multimedia Resources and Services
- LS 5333 School Library Media Center
- LS 5443 Librarians as Instructional Partners
- LS 5003 Collection Development
- LS 5103 Cataloging and Classification
- LS 5843 Practicum
U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment DisclosureAdvanced Studies in Library Science
page last updated 12/5/2016 2:56 PM