**The deadline for doctoral program applications is February 15. Admissions are accepted only for admittance into the Fall semester.
Applicants to the School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) must submit two different sets of materials, one to the TWU Admissions Office and one to SLIS. Details of each set are given below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
TWU Admissions Office requires the following materials:
- ApplyTexas online application form
- Application fee
- Official transcripts for all previous university work
- Official standardized test score (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or Miller Analogies Test).
Submit application materials to the TWU Student Records Office, PO Box 425649, Denton, TX 76204-5649.
Note the following:
- The standardized test score has no time limit but only official copies of scores will be considered; contact the Student Records Office regarding questions on this point.
- The GRE is preferred but the GMAT, LSAT, MCAT or MAT are acceptable alternatives.
- No specific test scores are required; expectations are that successful applicants will generally have scores which fall at or above the median for the national aggregates of their available demographic variables.
- GPAs for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework are expected to be at least 3.0. Those who have a 3.0 or higher in a completed post-graduate degree will be considered.
- SLIS follows the University's requirements regarding English language proficiency scores.
SLIS requires the following materials:
- A SLIS doctoral program application form
- Autobiographical essay that includes reasons for pursuing the Ph.D. (about 500 words)
- Vita or Resume that includes details and dates for:
- Colleges and universities attended, degrees, certificates
- Professional experience
- Academic and professional honors
- Professional and honorary organizations to which you belong, with information about offices or service roles
- Publications and/or presentations
- Names and contact information for three references who will send letters of recommendation directly to the Doctoral Committee. These persons’ letters will assess your potential for success in the Ph.D. program. Please use the Ph.D. Letter of Recommendation Form.
- An interview on campus may be required as part of the application process.
Submit SLIS application materials to TWU SLIS Doctoral Committee, PO Box 425438, Denton, TX 76204-5438.
For questions on the SLIS admissions process, please contact Ms. Brenda Mallory in the SLIS office at 940-898-2602, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
page last updated 3/19/2013 4:39 PM