School of Library and Information Studies
Ph.D., 1981, University of Illinois at Champaign
Library and Information Science
M.A., 1974, University of Wisconsin at Madison
B.A., 1970, Prairie View A&M University
- Fulbright Scholar, National University of Science and Technology, Zimbabwe
- Fulbright Scholar, Faculty of Information Sciences, Moi University, Kenya
- Assistant Professor, University of Oklahoma, Library and Information Studies
- Instructor, University of Northern Iowa, Department of Teaching
- Graduate level courses: LS5813 Information Professions, LS5263 Reference, LS5323 The Special Library and LS5213 - Information Sources in Business
- Undergraduate level course: LS3002 Information Literacy
- Dr. Curry has been the author or co-author of numerous publications. Selected journal articles include:
- Curry, Evelyn. 2005. The Reference Interview Revisited: Librarian-Patron Interaction in the Virtual Environment. SIMILE 5(February 2005).
- Curry, Evelyn. 2003. The Use of Grounded Theory as a Knowledge Development Tool. Journal of Theory Construction and Testing 7, Fall: 39-42.
- Curry, Evelyn. 2001. Introduction: Technological Advances in Reference: A Paradigm Shift? Library Trends, December.
- Curry, Evelyn, M.T. Beard, K. Edwards, and B.N. Adams. 1997. Advances in Meta-Analysis as a Research Method. The ABNF Journal, October: 92-97.
- Bibliographic Standards in Academic Libraries. Presented at the Zimbabwe Library Association, College and University Library Consortium, Harare , Zimbabwe , July, 2003.
- Kenyan Women, Higher Education and Economic Development. Presented at the National Council of Black Studies, Annual Meeting, Washington , D.C. , November 1996.
- Reflections on Meta-analysis and Expert Systems Evaluation. Presented at the Association of Library and Information Science Education, Annual Conference, Chicago , Illinois , January, 1990.
- ALISE, Column Editor, Journal of Information Science Education, 1988-1992
- Texas Library Association, Scholarship Committee, 1999-2001
page last updated 5/16/2013 4:57 PM