Sian’s involvement in TLA assists in her own continuing education and career development and gives her the opportunity to help prepare new professionals for the field. The Phi Kappa Phi award recognizes her efforts to better herself and others. In addition to the Phi Kappa Phi grant award, Sian is also the co-Principal Investigator of an “Impact Grant” of $10,000 from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission to study e-textbook usage on e-readers at UNT.
Sian’s current areas of interest are collection management, assessment, and supervision/management. These interests are reflected in her recent publications and presentations, including:
- “HAM: A Hybrid Acquisitions Model for Public Libraries," in Rethinking Collection Development and Management. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, 2013. In press.
- “Keeping Human Resources and Equity Offices Happy - Use of Rubrics in Evaluations During Hiring and Performance Evaluations.” Presentation with Julie Leuzinger at the Library Human Resource Management Association Conference, October 7, 2013, in Philadelphia, PA.
- “The Whole Picture: One Library's Assessment Activities.” Presentation at the Southeastern Library Assessment Conference, October 21-22, 2013, in Atlanta, GA.
- “Student-Centered Value Research: Assessment Activities of the UNT Libraries." Presentation at the University of North Texas Student Portraits Symposium, May 2013.
- “News You Can Use: Data Sources, Products, and Trends.” Presentation at the ALA Midwinter Conference, January 2013, in Seattle, WA.
TWU SLIS is proud of Sian for all of her recent accomplishments!
page last updated 1/10/2017 3:11 PM