Rene Paulson, Ph.D.
Senior Statistical Consulting Director
Creates and evaluates statistical analysis plans and the develops detailed standards and systems for quality research designs, analyses, consistency checks, and reporting.
Communicates with and supports faculty in writing research proposals and preparing articles for publication based on the results of their research.
- Creates workshops for training on statistical software programs, research design, statistics, research proposals, and other research-related topics, based on faculty needs.
- Evaluates instrument development and psychometric testing.
- Recommends statistical testing techniques appropriate for testing the research hypotheses.
- Recommends appropriate power and sample sizes for valid research results based on critical review of the research project, connection of the statistical needs, and conceptual framework.
- Evaluates statistical procedures on research proposals for accuracy and feasibility.
- Designs statistical procedures on research proposals or projects to support the reporting of accurate results.
- Evaluates and analyzes complex statistical data.
- Evaluates and designs appropriate methodology, materials, and statistical plan prior to data collection.
- Verifies the PIs interpretation of the statistical output is accurate mathematically and conceptually.
page last updated 11/25/2014 12:42 PM