- Prepare students for initial teaching certifications
- Allow students to add specialized certifications (Master Reading Teacher and All-Level Reading Specialist)
- Provide specialized training for Reading Recovery teachers, teacher leaders, and trainers of teachers
- Provide professional development for in-service teachers
- Develop leadership skills for educators
- Encourage effective teaching practices at all levels
All of our degree and certification programs are fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency/State Board for Educator Certification. Many courses are offered with an option of blended/online or on-campus delivery. The department also offers courses at the Collin Higher Education Center in McKinney, TX.
Our department also offers services to the community in the form of conferences and expert consultation and advice on literacy teaching and learning.
Graduates of the Department of Reading are leaders in literacy throughout Texas and the United States. We invite you to join us!
page last updated 2/28/2014 11:20 AM