After 30 years of research, more than 100 references to Reading Recovery appear in The Education Abstracts Index and Academic Search Premiere Index. Studies described in this section are grouped according to frequently asked questions.
- Is Reading Recovery effective?
- What is the evidence for children's continued progress after Reading Recovery?
- Does Reading Recovery influence student's self-esteem?
- What do research reviews say about Reading Recovery?
- Is Reading Recovery cost effective?
- Does Reading Recovery meet the criteria for scientifically based reading research?
- 2010-2011 Executive Summary
- 2013-2014 Executive Summary
- CPRE Evaluation of i3 Year 2 Report
Research studies in this section of the website have been published in peer reviewed journals or are peer-reviewed conference presentations such as National Reading Conference (NRC) or American Educational Research Association (AERA). Content for this section was developed by the Research Committee of the North American Trainers Group, an organization that includes researchers and academics from more than 20 universities in the U.S. and Canada.
The Observation Survey is officially listed as one of the screening tools approved by the National Center on Response to Intervention.
page last updated 7/13/2016 11:00 AM