- Application for Graduate Assistantship form
- Technology Skills Document [Word]
Center for Qualitative Inquiry (CQI) Preliminary Interview [Word]
Texas Woman’s University
Graduate Assistant Position: Center for Qualitative Inquiry
The Center for Qualitative Inquiry is located at the Denton campus of TWU in the MCL building rooms 307 and 308. The Center is a self-service facility that is available to graduate students and faculty engaged in qualitative research. We offer workshops every semester to support use of technology hardware and software. In addition, new users can schedule time with a staff member for one to one support when needed. One full time (20 hours per week) graduate student assistant is needed immediately.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of modern computing systems, seminal computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite of applications, and ability to learn new software.
2. Strong work ethic.
3. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
6. Ability to represent the Center and University in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
7. Ability to learn quickly, apply newly acquired knowledge for the benefit of others.
8. Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Foundational knowledge of qualitative research through graduate coursework.
Experience in developing and making engaging presentations.
Expertise in multi-media and digital technology.
Experience in learning new software and supporting others in its use.
Graduate students who are interested in applying should submit the following application materials to:
Nora L. White, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Reading & Faculty Coordinator, TWU's Center for Qualitative Inquiry
Texas Woman's University
1. Graduate school GA application form: gaappl.doc
2. Technology Tasks for Application Packet.doc
3. Written Responses Interview Questions.doc
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Applicants will be notified when interviews are successfully completed.
Please note that applications must be complete in order to be considered for the position. We strongly recommend that prospective applications visit the website for the Center for Qualitative Inquiry to learn more about the purpose of the center and uniqueness of this graduate assistant position. http://qualitative.twu.edu/
page last updated 8/2/2014 4:54 PM