Associate Professor, Core Undergraduate Faculty
Office: CFO 706
940-898-2307 phone | 940-898-2301 fax | email: email@example.com
Cognitive Psychology - Tufts University
Cognitive Psychology - Tufts University
Psychology (Major) Spanish (Minor) – Stephen F. Austin State University
Cognitive Psychology, Cognition and Emotion, Physiological Psychology, Advanced Behavioral Neuroscience, Seminar in College Teaching, Introduction to Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Professional Development in Psychology, Adolescent Psychology, Experimental Psychology and Research Team.
Obesity prevention, body image, eating dysfunction and weight stereotyping.
- Roux, G., DiMarco, N., Gu, Y., Ballard, E., Scott, S., Ellison, A., Efesoa, M. A. (in press). Eating, Activity, and Supportive Environment (EASE) for Nursing Students. Nursing Forum.
- Rich Scott, S. & LeClere, S. (2011). Body Image. In S. Goldstein & J. Naglieri (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development. New York, NY: Springer.
- Rich Scott, S. & LeClere, S. (2011). Weight. In S. Goldstein & J. Naglieri (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Child Behavior and Development. New York, NY: Springer.
- Sanborn, C., Rich, S. S., DiMarco, N. & Engelbrecht, J. (2010). Childhood play experiences of Hispanic parents of preschoolers. THAPERD.
- Rich, S. S., Essery, E., Sanborn, C. F., DiMarco, N., Morales, L., & LeClere, S. (2008). Predictors of body size stigmatization in Hispanic preschool children. Obesity, 16, S11-S17.
- Essery, E., DiMarco, N., Rich, S. S., & Nichols, D. (2008). Mothers report using less pressure in child feeding situations following a weekly newsletter intervention. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 40, 110-115.
- Rich, S.S. & Thomas, C.R. (2008). Body mass index, disordered eating behavior, and acquisition of health information: Examining ethnicity and weight-related issues in a college population. Journal of American College Health, 56, 623-628.
- Rich, S. S., Sanborn, C., Essery, E., & DiMarco, N. (2007). Obesity. In Early Childhood Education: An International Encyclopedia (pp. 567-569). Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing.
- Essery, E., DiMarco, N., & Rich, S. S. (2007). Nutrition and early childhood education. In Early Childhood Education: An International Encyclopedia (pp. 563-566). Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing.
- Huettig, C., Rich, S. S., Engelbrecht, J., Sanborn, C., Essery, E., DiMarco, N., et al. (2006). Growing with EASE: Eating, Activity, and Self-Esteem. Young Children, May, 26-30.
- Rich, S S.., DiMarco, N, Huettig, C, Essery, E., Andersson, E., & Sanborn, C. (2005). Perceptions of health status and play activity of overweight Hispanic toddlers and preschoolers. Family & Community Health, 28, 130-141.
- Mary Mason Lyon Award 2005
- Favorite Faculty Award 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- McNair Scholar Outstanding Mentor Award 2005
- Recipient of Best Practices in Parent Education Award in 2005
- Texas Woman's University Targeted Research Fund (2009-2010)
- Texas Woman’s University: Summer Research Stipend (2008)
- TexasWoman's University: Research Enhancement Program for Continuing Faculty (2007)
- Texas Woman’s University: Chancellor's Research Fellow. 9/05-8/06. Protégée.
- Texas Woman’s University: Multidisciplinary Research Grant. 1/05-8/05. Co-PI.
- Texas Woman’s University: IWH Research Funding. 1/04-8/05, $5500. PI
- Texas Woman’s University: Chancellor's Research Fellow. 9/04-8/05. Protégée.
- Texas Woman’s University: IWH Research Funding. 1/02-8/03. PI.
- NIH R01. Effect of Active-Play on Obese At-Risk Toddlers. 1/00-8/04. Psychology Consultant.
- Psychology Undergraduate Program Director 2001-present
- Scholarship Committee Chair 2008-2010
- Research Support Committee 2006-2008
- Institute for Women’s Health Student Health Research Laboratory, Director, 2004-present
- Code of Conduct Review Committee, Member, 2003-2008
- Member of Faculty Senate and Academic Standards Committee 2004-2006
- Healthy Campus Coalition, Co-Chair, 2003-2005
- Task Force for Academic Success, Member, 2003-2004
page last updated 5/13/2013 8:39 AM