Diplomate in School Psychology, ABPP
Diplomate in School Neuropsychology, ABSNP
Fellow, National Academy of Neuropsychologists
Nationally Certified School Psychologist
Licensed Specialist in School Psychology
Professor and Department Chair
Office: CFO 708
940-898-2251 phone | 940-898-2301 fax | email: email@example.com
Education – The Ohio State University: Emphasis: School psychology, neuropsychology, & electrophysiology
School Psychology – Miami University
Psychology – The University of Cincinnati
Neuropsychological Assessment Techniques I, Neuropsychological Assessment Techniques II, Neuropsychology Practicum, and Research Team.
School neuropsychology assessment, school neuropsychology and school psychology professional issues (e.g., credentialing, licensure, specialization), early childhood assessment.
- Miller, D. C. & Maricle, D. E. (invited chapter/submitted). Best practices in school neuropsychological assessment and intervention. In A. Thomas & P. L. Harrison (Eds.), Best Practices in School Psychology VI. Bethesda, MD: NASP. Miller, D. C. (2013). Essentials of school neuropsychological assessment – Second Edition. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C. (2013). School neuropsychology conceptual model. In B. Irby, G. Brown, & R. Laro-Alecio (Eds.), Handbook of educational theories. Scottsdale, AZ: Information Age Publishing Co.
- Maricle, D., Miller, D. C., Hale, J. B., & Johnson, W. L. (2012). Let’s Not Lose Sight of the Importance of the Biological Bases of Behavior. Trainer’s Forum, 31(1), 71-84.
- Miller, D. C., & Maricle, D. (2012). The emergence of neuropsychological constructs into tests of intelligence. In D. P. Flanagan and P. L. Harrison (Eds.). Contemporary Intellectual Assessment – Third Edition. NY: The Guilford Press
- Maricle, D., Miller, D. C., & Mortimer, J. (2011). Memory tests in pediatric neuropsychology. In. A. David (Ed.). Handbook of Pediatric Neuropsychology (pp. 275-291). New York: Springer.
- Schrank, F. A., Miller, D. C., Wendling, B. J., & Woodcock, R. W. (2010). Essentials of the WJ III Cognitive Abilities Assessment. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C. (Ed.) (2010). Best practices in school neuropsychology. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C., DeOrnellas, K., & Maricle, D. (2010). What is So Special About the Specialist Degree? In Enedina García-Vázquez, Tony Crespi and Cyndi Riccio (Eds.). Handbook of education, training and supervision of school psychologists in school and community - Volume I: foundations of professional practice.
- Hale, J., Alfonso, V., Berninger, V., Bracken, B., Christo, C., Clark, E. et al. (2010). Critical Issues in response-to-intervention, comprehensive evaluation, and specific learning disabilities identification and intervention: An expert white paper consensus. Pittsburgh, PA: Learning Disabilities Association of America.
- Miller, D. C. & Hale, J. B. (2008). The neuropsychological applications of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – Fourth Edition. In A. Prifitera, D. H. Saklofske, L. G. Weiss (Eds.), WISC-IV Advanced Clinical Interpretation 2e. (pp. 445-495). San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Miller, D. C., DeOrnellas, K., & Maricle, D. (2008, February). The time for recognizing subspecialties in school has come. Communique, Bethesda, MD.: National Association of School Psychologists.
- Miller, D. C. (2008). The need to integrate cognitive neuroscience and neuropsychology into a RTI Model. In Elaine Fletcher-Janzen & Cecil R. Reynolds (Eds.). Neuropsychological perspectives on learning disabilities in the era of RTI: Recommendations for diagnosis and intervention. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Miller, D. C. (2007). Essentials of school neuropsychological assessment. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Honors and Service
- Lifetime Achievement Award (2006) – National Association of School Psychologists Neuropsychology Interest Group.
- Distinction in Service Award (2005) – Texas Woman’s University.
- President, National Association of School Psychologists (2003-04)
- Founding President, Texas Association of School Psychologists (1993-94)
page last updated 7/3/2014 8:45 AM