The purchasing office has the following general responsibilities:
- Procure all goods and services required by the University.
- Determine the most appropriate and effective method of acquisition for each request for purchase.
- Assure that best value in all procurements is obtained.
- Abide by all TWU ethics policies.
- Maintain a liaison with Texas Procurement and Support Services as needed on procurement matters.
- Encourage truly competitive procurements while still satisfying the needs of the University.
- Conduct all formal communications with vendors regarding purchases.
- Maintain an accurate file of all purchases and related documents.
- Approve all justifications for proprietary or sole-source specifications.
- Comply with the University’s Historically Underutilized Business policy.
- Provide assistance on procurement matters to all departments.
- Provide vendors with tax exemption certificates.
- Provide vendors with credit applications.
page last updated 10/6/2015 2:53 PM