Reimbursements will be mailed to the employee address as provided, unless the employee is setup for direct deposit.
Prior to using personal funds, employees must carefully consider the requirements for verifying and justifying the expense as a critical requirement for the University. Reimbursements will not be paid unless adequate justification supports the use of personal funds as the only alternative.
The following guidelines must be observed to obtain a reimbursement.
- Purchasing regulations applicable to the type of purchase and funding source will apply.
- Texas state sales tax will not be reimbursed on purchases of tangible goods.
- Itemized receipts and proof of payment will be required.
- Purpose of the purchase and documentation of the circumstances requiring the expenditure must be included.
- Reimbursements must be requested within 60 days from the date expenses were incurred. If the purchase is made in July or August, it must be submitted immediately to be charged in the appropriate fiscal year.
- Due to IRS tax implications, employees will not be reimbursed for payments to an independent contractor. All self-employed persons are considered to be independent contractors for the purpose of this policy. Payments made to other TWU employees will not be reimbursed.
- Employees will not be reimbursed for personal funds distributed to research participants. Funds for research participants must be obtained through University procedures governing this activity.
- PCard suspension status does not warrant an approved condition for using personal funds.
- This policy does not pertain to refunds for items an employee or individual has paid to the University.
page last updated 9/12/2014 10:48 AM