Students are eligible for membership based upon the following criteria:
Undergraduate students in any department of a college or university who have completed at least 24 semester hours or the equivalent at that institution, and
- who, in their junior year, rank academically in the upper 7.5 percent of the class, after completing at least two academic years or 72 semester hours or the equivalent, or
- who, in their senior year, rank academically in the upper 10 percent of the class after completing at least three academic years or 90 semester hours or the equivalent at the time of invitation.
Graduate and professional students in any department of a college or university who have completed at least 18 semester hours or the equivalent at that institution and as post baccalaureate students rank academically in the upper 10 percent of all graduate and professional students.
Former students who meet the requirements for membership who have graduated since the most recent invitation of members in the chapter.
Members of the institution’s faculty, administration, professional staff, alumni or alumnae, or community leaders who exhibit excellence and high ethical standards may be extended membership.
Phi Kappa Phi is an “invitation only” honor society. Credit hours, academic eligibility criteria, and adherence to TWU Codes of Conduct will determine which students will be invited to enroll in the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the most selective of interdisciplinary honor societies. We encourage faculty to name their best and brightest students who receive an additional notification of nomination.
Having trouble joining online? Try these steps:
- Navigate to the following Phi Kappa Phi Online Store page: members.phikappaphi.org/store
- On the right-hand side of the screen, in the Dues & Donations box, click on the Join Now link
- Enter the access code from your membership invitation and click Submit
- If you are not asked for your access code, but are asked to login, proceed to login using your email address as your username and the password you created during your previous visit.
- Once you have logged in, you will be directed back to the Phi Kappa Phi Online Store page, where you will again, click Join Now in the Dues & Donations box.
- You should now be prompted to enter your access code.
- Continue through the registration process and checkout as you would an online transaction.
page last updated 2/9/2016 4:36 PM