The Preceptor Education Program is designed to help both clinical educators and students alike to better prepare for clinical placements. The completely free program offers short 30-minute modules that contain both downloadable learning activities and tools as well as quick tips. This is a good introduction to clinical training and fieldwork education.
AOTA Fieldwork Resources
Click on the following links to access articles and other resources related to fieldwork education.
- Standards of Practice for Occupational Therapy
- COE Guidelines for Level I OT Fieldwork Experience
- COE Guidelines for Level II OT Fieldwork Experience
- Resources for Fieldwork Education
Click on the following links to access resources about accreditation, certification, Texas licensure and national and state professional organizations.
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Advance for OT-Patient Education Handouts
- Advance for OT-Student Resource Center
- TBOTE Rules
Click on the following links to access published articles about fieldwork education.
Evidence-Based Practice Databases
These sites provide avenues for accessing evidenced-based practice information. Your fieldwork interns are familiar with these resources and can assist you with EBP research specific to your practice setting.
- Campbell Collaboration -- A systematic review of social interventions
- Education Resources Information Center -- (ERIC)
- Google Scholar -- A simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature
- National Center for the Dissemination of Disability Research -- (NCDDR)
- Open Access Review -- Peer-Reviewed articles and reprints.
- OT Seeker -- OT abstracts of systematic reviews and randomized trials relevant to OT.
- Pub Med Central -- Free, full text journal articles.
- PubMed-- Biomedical literature citations and abstracts.
page last updated 3/9/2017 11:32 AM