• Completed online application to Texas Woman’s University Graduate School
• Completed School of Occupational Therapy Application and Essay
• Baccalaureate degree completed by time of enrollment
• Overall grade point average of 3.0 calculated on last 60 credit hours before completion of baccalaureate degree or overall grade point average of 3.0 on 12 graduate credit hours. *Please note that undergraduate courses completed after the bachelor’s degree are not considered as part of undergraduate grade point average.
• Completed Prerequisites Report – All prerequisite courses must be completed the December before program entry.
Mathematics - Elementary Statistics
Biological Sciences - Anatomy & Physiology I & Anatomy & Physiology II
Behavioral Sciences - Developmental Psychology & Abnormal Psychology
• Overall grade point average of 3.0 on prerequisite courses completed for the MOT program and no grade below a C.
• MOT Bridge Applicant Clinical Observation Form completed by one licensed occupational therapist who can document a minimum of 1 month of COTA clinical experience with that individual therapist.
• One additional letter of recommendation from a supervising OTR will be accepted. This can be an additional MOT Bridge Applicant Recommendation Form or a narrative letter summarizing COTA work experience.
• Grade point average of 3.0 or better on the OTA degree.
• Copy of current state license
International Students: Must submit documentation of all coursework completed outside the United States to the TWU Office of International Education for review. External review is not required.
Students for whom English is not the primary language of their home country, must satisfy the university’s minimum TOEFL score (see www.twu.edu). International students may contact the Office of International Education directly at 940-898-3048 for more details.
• The Master of Occupational Therapy Admissions Committee reviews all complete application packets.
• Students are recommended for acceptance on the basis of academic proficiency, recommendation ratings, application and essay reviews. All applicants are notified in writing as to acceptance status.
IF ACCEPTED INTO THE MOT PROGRAM PROOF OF IMMUNIZATION RECORD, A BACKGROUND CHECK, AND A DRUG SCREEN WILL BE REQUIRED, AND MAY BE REPEATED BEFORE FIELDWORK.
Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the National Certification Examination for the Occupational Therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be an occupational therapist, registered (OTR). In addition most states require licensure in order to practice. Note: Students are advised that NBCOT may deny an individual's application to take the exam if he or she has a criminal felony conviction. The School of OT recommends that students with a felony conviction contact NBCOT for an "early determination review".
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING APPLICATION
Step 1: Apply to the Graduate School at Texas Woman’s University
Navigate online www.twu.edu/admissions/ to begin the process. Applications will not be processed by the School of Occupational Therapy without Graduate School application.
Step 2: Request official transcripts sent to TWU from institutions of higher education attended. Be certain to include all post-secondary colleges/universities attended. Missing transcripts may delay or prevent processing of your application.
Request transcripts sent to : Texas Woman's University
|Office of Admissions Processing|
|PO Box 425649|
|Denton, TX 76204|
|Overnight or return receipt mail can be sent to:|
|304 Administration Drive in Denton, TX|
Step 4: Complete the Prerequisites Report - All prerequisites must be completed the December before program entry.
Step 5: Provide a Resume - Attach an updated resume that lists employment and volunteer experiences in occupational therapy. Give the name of the setting, the name and telephone number of the supervisor, number of hours per week, duration and responsibilities. Include any additional certifications, specialized training or significant CEU's.
Step 6: MOT Bridge Applicant Clinical Observation Form
Contact your supervising OTR and present them with the MOT Bridge Applicant Clinical Observation Form and an envelope. You must submit the completed form, sealed in a siged envelope, along with the rest of your application packet. You may submit one additional MOT Bridge Applicant Clinical Observation Form or letter of recommendation from an OTR who is familiar with your work experience.
Step 7: Mail your application packet
Place all application materials (listed below) in a 9” x 12” envelope:
- Master of Occupational Therapy Application and Essay
- Prerequisites Report
- Sealed & signed envelope containing the completed MOT Bridge Applicant Clinical Observation Form
- Copy of current COTA state license to practice
Mail to: Texas Woman’s University
School of Occupational Therapy
PO Box 425648
Denton, TX 76204-5648
For information concerning our MOT Bridge online and weekend program email Cynthia Evetts at firstname.lastname@example.org
page last updated 8/27/2014 11:01 AM