The Texas Board of Nursing and the Commission on the Collegiate Nursing Education accredit the Bachelor of Science nursing program.
The next weekend program will start Fall 2017 with an application deadline of February 1, 2017.
Before You Apply
- Weekend/Evening Program Admission Requirements
The admission requirements for the Weekend/Evening program are the same as the traditional BS program
- All applicants must meet the University's admission requirements for transfer students.
How to Apply
Applications for all the BS in Nursing programs, including the Weekend/Evening program, are accepted through NursingCas (www.nursingcas.org). Follow the application instructions laid out on the BS in Nursing website (www.twu.edu/nursing/bs.asp). However, you will need to be sure and select the Weekend/Evening option when asked within the TWU application what campus/program for which you wish to be considered. The Weekend/Evening option will only be available for each Fall application cycle.
Additional Program Information
- Student Handbook [pdf]
NursingCas Application Instructions
- Drug and Criminal Background Check Policy [pdf]
The TWU Baccalaureate Curriculum builds upon a foundation of liberal arts, sciences and nursing to produce a graduate who will be able to:
- Deliver nursing care focused on caring and competency in professional knowledge, skills and values for culturally diverse populations across the life span and health continuum.
- Exhibit professional and personal responsibility and accountability in provision of nursing care.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and clinical decision making in the delivery, coordination and collaboration of nursing care.
- Utilize effective systematic inquiry based on research and best evidence to provide safe patient centered care and continuous quality improvement.
- Incorporate effective communication, collaboration and advocacy in working with patients, families, groups, communities and the health care team for improving health care outcomes.
- Demonstrate beginning leadership and patient-centered care in a health care system that is influenced by health policy, finance and regulatory environment.
page updated 5/31/2016 4:43 PM