HRSA Scholarship Funds Available for Eligible Nursing Students
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) has awarded TWU funds through the Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students (SDS) Program. Funds of up to $7,000/year for qualified undergraduate nursing students and up to $15,000/year for qualified graduate nursing students are available. Deadline to apply is May 15, 2015. For complete information and application forms please click on the link below.
The TWU College of Nursing in Denton sits in the midst of a bustling traditional university campus. Students complete their lower division prerequisites for nursing on the Denton campus in preparation for their upper division work at the Dallas or Houston campus. The Denton campus also offers masters and doctoral level programs in nursing.
TWU College of Nursing Denton is committed to promoting excellent online education. We have implemented Quality Matters standards for all of the courses in our PhD program. Quality Matters standards assure that our online courses promote learner engagement and provide students with the tools and information needed to be successful learners.
View the Denton Campus faculty directory.
Our faculty are actively engaged in research in a variety of clinical topics, which include:
- Health informatics
- Inner strength and resilience
- Intimate partner violence
- Neonatal mortality attributed to a perinatal cause
- Patient safety
- Preconception health
- Rural health
- Sexual assault
- Social network analysis
- Sudden cardiac arrest/death in children and adolescents
- Support for laboring mothers
Denton Campus Programs
- RN BS (100% Online)
- RN MS (100% Online)
- Post Baccalaureate RN MS (100% Online)
- Nurse Practitioner (Partially online with face to face components)
- Nursing Education (100% Online)
- Nursing Health Systems Management (100% Online)
- Post MS Certificate (Partially online with face to face components)
- PhD (100% Online; Students come to campus for the annual colloquium in May)
P.O. Box 425498
RN-BS/RN-MS Coordinator: Dr. Jo-Ann Stankus (940) 898-2434
Master's Advisor: Patricia Jones (940) 898-2418
Doctoral Coordinator: Dr. Vicki Zeigler (940) 898-2433
Admissions Coordinator: Heather Close (940) 898-2284
page updated 4/24/2015 11:56 AM