Sigma Alpha Iota
Iota Omega Chapter
Sigma Alpha Iota is an international music fraternity for college women founded in 1903 at the Ann Arbor, Michigan School of Music. Some of the missions of the fraternity include promoting sisterhood among women musicians, supporting music education, cultivating excellence in music performance, and supporting music activities and performances in the community. Members of the fraternity include composers and performers of high merit. Sigma Alpha Iota is proud to uphold the highest standards of music and citizenship in school, community, and fraternity life.
The Purpose of Sigma Alpha Iota:
- TO FORM chapters of women college students and alumnae who have a sincere interest in music.
- TO UPHOLD the highest standards of music.
- TO FURTHER the development of music in America and throughout the world.
- TO GIVE inspiration and encouragement to members.
- TO ORGANIZE the cultural life of Sigma Alpha Iota members as a contributing factor to their educational growth.
- TO SUPPORT the ideals and goals of the member's Alma Mater.
- TO ADHERE to the highest standards of citizenship in school, community and fraternity life.
President: Morgan Lane
page last updated 4/27/2016 11:55 AM