Did you know that the TWU choirs are open to any student regardless of major?
Come make some amazing music with us!
We hold auditions during the week before each semester begins. Please arrange to be on campus to audition before the first day of classes.
There are currently four choir ensembles at TWU. All choirs are open to all students at the university but require an audition. Once you audition, you will be placed in the best group for you. The audition process is very simple.
- Using the Access Code: "pioneer" sign up for an audition time HERE and then prepare as instructed in the "Preparation" section below.
- If you cannot make any of the times listed or you have trouble, please email Dr. Joni Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When the audition is complete, register for the choir to which you are assigned or come to the appropriate call-back audition as determined by Dr. Jensen.
Choir auditions should be sung in the classical style.
- Please prepare to sing the MELODY of one of the songs below a cappella (one verse only). You may choose the key.
- Please prepare to sing a PART OTHER THAN THE MELODY (Alto, Tenor, Bass) of one of the songs below (one verse only). This will be with accompaniment in the key indicated. (please choose a different song than the one used for the MELODY portion)
- Warm up your full vocal range and be ready show this range in vocalises. There will also possibly be sight-singing and a 'listen and sing' elements.
- Audition Songs: (Click each title to download the sheet music) Music will be provided at the audition or you may bring your own copy.
All Creatures of our God and King
America the Beautiful
Angels We Have Heard on High
Home on the Range
How Firm a Foundation
How Great Thou Art
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
My Country 'Tis of Thee
The Star Spangled Banner
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Auditions are held in Room 101 of the Music Building on TWU Denton campus.
- Show up a little early so you can fill out the form, or you can bring it already filled out: Choral Audition Form (pdf)
page last updated 3/24/2017 11:59 AM