Lisa Silliman-French, Ph.D.
Office: PH 119A
- 1993, PhD in Kinesiology with specialization in Adapted Physical Education, Texas Woman’s University
- 1987, MA in Kinesiology with specialization in Adapted Physical Education and Special Education, Texas Woman’s University
- 1985, BA, in Physical Education, State University of New York at Cortland
- 2005-Present: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1999-2005: Clinical Professor Associate, Dept. of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 2000-2002: Adjunct Professor, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- 1995-2005; Adapted Physical Education/Visually Impaired Supervisor, Denton TX
- 1990-2005; Adapted Physical Education Teacher, Fort Worth, TX
- 1988-1990; Intern for a Competitive Federal Preparation Scholarship(s), in the area of Personnel Preparation, Texas Woman’s University
- 1987-1988; Adapted Physical Education Teacher, Plano, TX
- Physical and Motor performance of Individuals with Mental Retardation
- Pedagogy in Adapted Physical Education in Higher Education
- Physical and Motor Performance for Incarcerated Youth
- French, R., Silliman-French, L., & Block, M. (in progress). Accommodating students with behavioral challenges in general physical education. In M. Block (Ed), A teacher’s guide to including students with disabilities in general physical education (3rd ed.).
- Silliman-French, L., et. al. (2005). Adapted physical education manual of best practices: Administrative guidelines and policies. TAHPERD: Austin, TX.
- Silliman-French, L., & Morgan, V. (2005). APE question and answer. Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 73(4), 13.
- Silliman-French, L. (2004). Assessment, the IEP, and the accommodation plan. In C. Sherrill (Author). Adapted physical activity, recreation, and sport. (6th ed.). 162-175.
- Silliman-French, L., & Thelen, L. (2004). Tips for full participation. Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, 73(1), 26.
- Silliman-French, L., & Connor-Kuntz, F. (2003). The physical educator: The missing element. Teaching Elementary Physical Education, 14(3), 23-28.
- KINS 1583: Foundation of Assessment in Kinesiology
- KINS 2622: Adapted Physical Education
- KINS 5603: Growth and Perceptual Motor Development
- KINS 5883: Appraisal of Psychomotor Dysfunctions in Adapted Physical Education
- Chair, Adapted Physical Activity Committee Texas Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2004-2006)
- Member, Adapted Physical Education National Standards Editorial Committee
- Reviewer for the International Council for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Sport, and Dance
- Adapted Physical Education Consultant
page last updated 10/30/2014 5:28 PM