Terry A. Senne, Ph.D.
Office: PH 208F
- 1997, Ph. D. in Educational Research & Policy Analysis, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1987, M.S. in Physical Education, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- 1977, B.S. in Physical Education, George Williams College, Downers Grove, Illinois
- 2006–present: Associate Professor & Undergraduate Coordinator, Department of Kinesiology, Texas Woman’s University, Denton, Texas
- 1998-2006: Assistant Professor & Director, Graduate Physical Education Pedagogy, Department of Exercise & Sport Science, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1996-1998: Instructor, Department of Kinesiology, Elmhurst College, Elmhurst, Illinois
- 1991-1996: Lecturer, Department of Exercise & Sport Science, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1987-1991: Lecturer, College of Kinesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- 1982-1986: Physical Education Teacher & Coach, Southwood Junior High School, Country Club Hills, Illinois
- 1979-1982: Physical Education Teacher & Coach, Tinley Park High School, Tinley Park, Illinois
- 1977-1979: Physical Education Teacher & Coach, Reavis High School, Burbank, Illinois
- Teacher professional development
- Teaching portfolios
- Pedagogical strategies to promote physical activity during physical education instruction
- Curricular innovations in physical education
- Policy analysis in teacher education
- Program evaluation
- Columna, L., Senne, T. A., & Lytle, R. (2009). Targeting Hispanic parents of children with disabilities. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance, 80(4), 48-54.
- NASPE (2009). Senne, T. A., Lund, J. L., & Chepko, S. Pro-Link: Developing assessments and scoring guides for NASPE/NCATE program reports: 2008 standards (2nd ed.) [workshop manual, 85 pp.]. Reston, VA: Author.
- Columna, L., Pyfer, J., Senne, T. A., Velez, L., Canabal, M., & Bridenthrall, N. (2008). Parental expectations of adapted physical educators: A Hispanic perspective. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly, 25, 228-246.
- Senne, T. A. (2006). Writing the NASPE/NCATE program report: Process and practical suggestions. Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, & Dance, 77(3), 18-24, 31.
- Senne, T. A., Rowe, D. A., Decker, J. T., Douglas, S. M., Boswell, B. B. (2006). Investigation of lesson contexts and teaching behaviors as related to physical activity levels during middle school physical education instruction. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 77(1) Supplement, A-69.
- Senne, T. A. (2004). On your mark…get set…go!: A guide for beginning physical education teachers. Reston, VA: National Association for Sport and Physical Education.
- Senne, T. A., & Rikard, G. L. (2004). A developmental intervention via the teaching portfolio: Employing the teaching/learning framework. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 23, 88-104.
- KINS 1583 – Foundations of Assessment in Kinesiology
- KINS 3101 – Practicum in Secondary Physical Education
- KINS 3102 – Secondary Physical Education Pedagogy
- KINS 3573 – Developmental Movement for Children
- KINS 3811 – Movement Activities for Children Internship
- KINS 5783 – Learning & Teaching Styles in Physical Education & Sport
- KINS 6811 – Doctoral Seminar in Teaching
- KINS 6811 – Doctoral Seminar in Research
- Recipient, 2009-2010 TWU Administrative Internship with the Vice Provost & Dean of the Graduate School
- NCATE Board of Examiners
- Editorial Board, Physical Education Section, TAHPERD Journal
- Program Report Coordinator – NASPE Initial 2001 Standards
- Chair, Audit Committee – NASPE Initial 2001 Standards
- Chair, Lead Reviewers – NASPE Initial 2001 Standards
- Clinician – NASPE/NCATE Accreditation Workshops
- Clinician – NASPE Developing Program Assessments & Rubrics Workshops
page last updated 11/1/2013 10:58 AM