Charlotte (Barney) Sanborn, Ph.D.
Office: PH 208A
- 1983, PhD, Exercise Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Dept. of Physical Education
- 1979, MS, Physical Education, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Dept. of Physical Education
- 1974, BS, Health and Physical Education, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, Dept. of Health and Physical Education
- 2003-present: Chair, Department of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1999-2003: Executive Director, Institute for Women's Health, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1993-1999: Director, Center for Research on Women's Health, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1996-Present: Professor, Department of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1988-1996: Assistant Professor, Department of Kinesiology, Texas Woman's University, Denton, TX
- 1983-1988: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Sport Sciences and Physical Education, University of Denver, Denver, CO
- 1985-1987: Graduate Director, Dept. of Sport Sciences and Physical Education, University of Denver, Denver, CO
- 1983-1985: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Human Performance Laboratory, university of Colorado, Boulder, CO
- Women’s health
- Athletic amenorrhea
- DiMarco, N. M., Dart, L., & Sanborn, C. F. (2007). Modified activity-stress paradigm in an animal model of the female athlete triad. Journal of Applied Physiology. 103 (5): 1469-1478.
- Nattive, A., Loucks, A.B., Manore, M.M., Sanborn, C.F., Sundgot-Borgen, J., & Warren, M.P. (2007). The female athlete triad position stand. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 39 (10): 1867-82.
- Huettig, C., Rich, S., Engelbrecht, J., Sanborn, C., Essery, E., DiMarco, N., et al. (2006). Growing with EASE: Eating, Activity, and Self-Esteem. Young Children, May, 26-30.
- Rich, S.S., DiMarco, N.M., Huettig, C.I., Essery, E.V., Andersson, E., & Sanborn, C.F. (2005). Parent perceptions: Health and family activity patterns of at-risk overweight toddlers. Family and Community Health, 28, 130-141.
- Huettig, C.I., Sanborn, C.F., DiMarco, N., Popejoy, A., & S. Rich. (2004). The O generation: Our youngest children are at risk for obesity. Young Children. 59: 50-55.
- Kudlac, J., Nichols, D.L., DiMarco, N.M., & Sanborn, C.F. (2004). Impact of detraining on bone loss in former collegiate female gymnasts. Calcified Tissue International, 75, 482-487.
- KINS 1902 Fitness and Health
- KINS 3602 Exercise Physiology
- KINS 4602 Advanced Physiology
- KINS 4593 Measurement and Evaluation
- KINS 5033 Applied Statistical Principles
- KINS 5903 Grants
- KINS 5633 Pulmonary Responses to Exercises
- KINS 5653 Strength and Physical Fitness
- KINS/NFS 5663 Body Composition and Weight Magement
page last updated 10/16/2014 5:22 PM