International Education Scholarship (IES)
Texas Woman's University established the International_Education_Fee_Scholarship.PDF (IES) in the fall of 2001 to provide study abroad scholarships for TWU students.
Funds are distributed in a scholarship competition open to all TWU students, including international students, meeting the eligibility requirements developed by the International Education Fee Scholarship Committee.
Summer Scholarship: March 1
Fall Scholarship: April 1
Spring Scholarship: November 15
Please print and complete an application.PDF and submit to OIE or contact us at 940.898.2228. Applications must be submitted to the office on or before the deadline.
If mailing the application, please send it to:
IEF Scholarship Committee
Office of International Education
Texas Woman's University
P.O. Box 425827
Denton, Texas 76204-5287
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Generally, for your financial aid to be "portable" to a study abroad program, you must carry at least a half-time load at the foreign institution and receive credit for the program toward your degree at your home institution.
- The study abroad program must advance you toward a degree and not merely be providing an enrichment experience.
- There may also be other eligibility restrictions, depending on the financial aid program, but usually you will be able to take your Title IV funding (Pell, Stafford and PLUS) overseas with you.
- Students who participate in study abroad programs that cost more than the usual cost of attendance for their school may be able to get an increase in their Federal Pell Grant to help cover those costs.
- TWU will not deny you any federal aid just because you are participating in a program of study abroad. Institutional aid, however, is subject to the school's own policies.
Gilman International Scholarships Must contact International Education office before applying. www.iie.org/gilman
AIFS International Scholarships http://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
International Scholarships Online http://www.internationalscholarships.com/
International Education Financial Aid http://www.iefa.org/
U.S. Department of Education http://www.ed.gov/fund/grants-apply.html?src=rt
Institute Of International Education www.iie.org/
National Science Foundation http://www.nsf.gov/.
American Association of University Women http://www.aauw.org/
Social Science Research Council Fellowships http://www.ssrc.org/.
Country Specific ScholarshipsApplication materials may be obtained from: as well as from :
George J. Mitchell www.us-irelandalliance.org/
Application materials may be obtained from: as well as from http://www.marshallscholarship.org/
Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) http://www.daad.org/
American-Scandinavian Foundation http://www.amscan.org/
Other Study Abroad Providers
Loans for Study Abroad
International Student Loan Center (ISLC) http://www.internationalstudentloan.com/
Your financial aid might cover some of your study abroad expenses. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 940-898-3064 for more detailed information.
page last updated 2/28/2014 1:11 PM