Supporting Undergraduates Collectively by Creating Educational opportunities to enhance
Skills and Scholastic achievement
The SUCCESS Mentoring Program is a mentoring program designed to assist first-generation first year college students in making a successful and enjoyable transition to college by creating a educationally and supportive network in order for them to be successful in their first year at Texas Woman’s University. 2014-2015 Mentees & Peer Mentors
Peer associations are important in creating opportunities for leadership and cultural support and can provide a supportive educational environment aimed at student development and academic success.
- Guide and support first generation college students at TWU.
- Create a socially and academically supportive network of mentors and peers.
- Facilitate social interaction, leadership development, and educational success.
- Assist in the retention and ultimate graduation of SUCCESS participants.
SUCCESS takes a three-tier mentoring approach to meet the program goals for students involved in the program.
Tier 1- One-on-One mentoring with an upper-class peer mentor twice a month.
Tier 2- Monthly activities with your mentor group.
Tier 3- SUCCESS Mentor Program activities held twice a semester.
All SUCCESS sponsored programs planned throughout the year by the mentoring staff will cover the areas of social interaction, educational success, leadership development, and community involvement.
Benefits of a Mentoring Relationship
- Gain encouragement from mentor to excel academically, socially, and culturally while making a smooth transition into college life
- Acquire knowledge that will be useful as you prepare for your profession
- Gain assistance in identifying career and academic goals
- Gain unique experiences working one-on-one with a mentor
- Gain support for your success in the university community
- Develop a lasting relationship with a mentor
For More Information Contact:
Office of Intercultural Services
Jones Hall, Suite 200
page last updated 3/23/2015 3:03 PM