What Is The Clubhouse?
A dynamic program that includes:
- Reading projects
- Arts & Crafts
- Cooking Experiments
- Weekly Field Trips
- Lots More!
Your child will be in an environment where learning is fun. Everyone has fun at The Clubhouse!
- The Clubhouse is located in the Lowry Woods Community Center, 1600 Oakland Street.
- The Clubhouse business office is located on the third floor of Jones Hall.
The Clubhouse at TWU
Department of University Housing
P. O. Box 425380
Denton, Texas 76204
(940) 898-3638 (fax)
Jones Hall, Room 336
Clubhouse Children’s Recreation Program
A separate Clubhouse Application (pdf) package for each child, along with the non-refundable application fee and appropriate tuition fees, must accompany the completed application to reserve space in the program. If you have more than one child, you pay only one non-refundable application fee - there is no additional application fee for multiple children in your family. All fees are due in full in advance. The application package must be completed and turned in with the appropriate fees no later than 3:00 p.m. three business days before your child attends Clubhouse. The packet includes policies and procedures, enrollment information, a class schedule, a medical statement - which requires a physician’s signature, a medical consent form and authorizations. All children, including those returning to Clubhouse, must submit new/updated application packages each academic year. Please allow adequate time if your child(ren) must see their physician before enrolling in Clubhouse.
Clubhouse Hours of Operation
- During the summer terms, Clubhouse is open Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. The Clubhouse will normally close when the TWU campus is closed.
- During the fall and spring semesters, Clubhouse is open Monday – Friday from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Clubhouse follows the Denton ISD school schedule and is normally not in session when the TWU campus is closed.
- The Clubhouse business office is open 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday.
Special Days during Fall & Spring Terms
On these days the Clubhouse is open all day, 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Your child must be pre-registered and pre-paid before attending Clubhouse on these special days. There is an additional fee per day per child. Payment of the special days fee is due by 5:00 p.m., 5 days prior to the special day. This fee must be paid in the Department of University Housing Office located on the 3 rd floor of Jones Hall. A minimum of 4 pre-paid children is required for Clubhouse to open on these days.
Clubhouse Extended Days
During the Fall & Spring Terms, on Denton Independent School District early release days, Clubhouse will be open from 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Refer to the attached Clubhouse operations calendar or DISD calendar for early release days for your child’s school.
Clubhouse Closure Dates
Refer to the attached Clubhouse Operations Calendar for specific closure dates per semester or term.
If written cancellation is received in the Department of University Housing office prior to the first day of Clubhouse, any tuition payment received will be refunded. Up to one half of the full session’s tuition may be refunded if written cancellation is received within the first two weeks of the session. No refund will be made if written cancellation is received after the first two weeks of the session. Refunds will not be made for missed days/activities.
Games, movies, cooking, sports, arts/crafts, fitness activities, music, motor skills, storytelling, reading, skating, bowling, swimming, field trips, and other fun activities.
The Clubhouse vehicles will pick up children from the Denton elementary schools and middle schools. Clubhouse vehicles will only pick up from the DISD schools within the Denton city limits.
Payment is due in full at least five business days before the first day of each semester or term, for the entire session. All payments must be received in the Department of University Housing located on the third floor of Jones Hall on the Texas Woman’s University Denton campus. Phone: 940.898.3676. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards, (MasterCard or VISA) for your convenience.
Policies and Procedures
The Clubhouse is a recreational program designed for school age children between the ages of 5 and 12 (At the time of the child’s enrollment in the program) of enrolled TWU students with priority given to TWU students living on-campus in family housing. Non-students affiliated with TWU will be considered on a space available basis.
- Program activities include swimming, field trips, sports, arts and crafts, fitness, and other fun activities. Attached to this document are forms for a parent to sign to authorize a child’s participation in program activities.
- Parents may visit the Clubhouse at any time during normal operating hours. Parents will be asked to sign-in and out and be escorted by a Clubhouse staff member during their visit.
- The Clubhouse closes promptly at 5:30pm during the summer sessions, and 6:00pm during the fall and spring semesters. A late fee of $1.00 per minute per child will be charged for any child(ren) left past closing time. If you cannot pick up your child(ren) on time, please arrange for someone else on your pickup list to pick her/him up for you. Late fees must be paid in full prior to your child(ren) attending future days.
- A Clubhouse Application, Child’s Personal Record, Medical Statement, Immunization Record, Medical Care Consent Form, Vision/Hearing screening records, Authorizations Form, Class Schedule and a signed copy of the Clubhouse Policies and Procedures must be on file and the appropriate fees paid before enrollment may begin.
- Tuition for each semester / summer session is to be paid in full, in advance, prior to child(ren) attending The Clubhouse. Checks must be made payable to TWU. We accept MasterCard and Visa for your convenience. All special days fees must be paid at least 5 business days prior to the special day. A minimum of four children must be pre-registered to attend special days by the posted deadline, or Clubhouse will be closed for that day.
- All payments must be made in the TWU Housing Office, 3 rd floor of Jones Hall. Payment is due a minimum of 5 business days prior to the start of each fall, spring or summer session. Payment due dates are shown in the Clubhouse Application for the appropriate semester/session.
- All children must be left with a staff member. Children will be released only to the parents or person designated by the parents. If someone other than the designated person is to pick up your child, The Clubhouse staff must be notified in writing, in advance. E-mail Clubhouse@mail.twu.edu and call (940) 898-3653 to verify email has been received.
- Discipline will be consistent and based on individual needs. It shall be of a positive nature, directed toward acceptable behavior.
- Special problems or occurrences affecting your child(ren) will be brought to the attention of the parents/guardians. Please feel free to request a conference concerning your child(ren) at anytime.
- If your child requires medication, you must meet with the Center Director to issue and review written directions regarding dispensing of the medication. If explicit written directions are not provided by the parent/guardian, the Clubhouse staff will not dispense any types of medication.
- If your child is ill, or has signs and symptoms of illness, including but not limited to: having a communicable disease and/or a temperature of 99.4 or greater, and/or behavioral changes, she/he must be kept at home. In the event your child becomes ill while at the Clubhouse, she/he will be isolated and you will be called immediately to pick up your child.
- In the event that your child has come in contact with an infectious disease, or if your child is carrying an infection of some type, you must notify the center Director as soon as possible.
- In the event of a medical emergency Clubhouse staff will immediately contact emergency medical services as well as the parent/guardian. If the parent/guardian cannot be reached, the staff will follow the directives of medical providers and will authorize transportation to the nearest medical treatment facility.
- During the after-school program, Clubhouse provides one snack in the afternoon. Snack food items served will be of high nutritional value; During the summer program, Clubhouse provides two snacks. Clubhouse does not provide meals. Parents are responsible for providing meals from home for their child. Clubhouse provides secure and appropriate storage for meals sent from home.
- Parents must notify the Clubhouse staff via e-mail or voice-mail, in advance by 2 pm , the latest if their child does not need to be picked up from school on any given day. Failure to notify the Clubhouse staff in a timely manner will result in a written reminder on the first occurrence, the second occurrence will result in a $5.00 fee, third and subsequent occurrences will result in a $10.00 fee. Fees must be paid in full prior to your child attending future days.
- For your child’s protection and to remain in compliance with state certification standards, we require that you sign your child in and out each day.
- To report child abuse or neglect call the TDFPS at 1.800.252.5400 to make confidential reports.
- If your child will be absent for any reason, please call the business office at 940.898.3653 and E-mail email@example.com in advance.
- If written cancellation is received in the Housing Office prior to the first day of Clubhouse, any tuition payment received will be refunded. Up to one-half of the full session tuition may be refunded if written cancellation is received within the first week of the session. No refunds will be made after the first two weeks of the session. No refunds will be made for missed days or activities.
- The Clubhouse Children’s Recreation program is licensed by the Department of Family and Protective Services. To contact DFPS in Denton call, (940) 591-6300. To view a copy of the minimum standards and inspection reports for child-care centers visit www.dfps.state.tx.us. A copy of these documents is also posted and available in the Clubhouse business office.
- I agree to hold harmless the Texas Woman’s University and its officers, agents and employees from any and all liability including claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, and expenses of every kind and description (including death) or damage to the child(ren) enrolled in the CLUBHOUSE, or property arising out of use of TWU facilities and services by parent/legal guardian and the enrolled child(ren). TWU is not responsible for any medical or health problems or expenditures for the child(ren). It is understood that the individuals will abide by the rules, regulations, and requirements of the Texas Woman’s University Department of University Housing and the State of Texas for the use of its various services and facilities on the campus, property, and grounds of TWU.
- Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom and Site Director: (940) 898-3653
- Business Office: 940.898.3676
page updated 5/17/2013 3:41 PM