- Holly Cherry, (2010) offered a full-time, permanent position as Marketing Director from her internship site, Telos Wellness Fitness Center.
- Erin Berry, (2010) offered a full-time, permanent position from her internship site, American Heart Association. She will be assisting with the "Go Red" fundraising campaign.
- Ana Martinez, (2010), also landed a full-time position from her internship site, DFW Area Health Education Center (AHEC) as Assistant Program Coordinator.
- Loan Tran, (2008), landed a full-time position from her internship site, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, regional headquarters in Dallas, TX as a consumer safety officer. Her responsibilities include inspecting FDA-regulated facilities, conducting recall audit checks, and sample collections of food products.
- Barbara Barton, MS, (2010) a current doctoral graduate student in health studies, has been assigned as Research Assistant for Dr. Kimberly Parker's newly funded grant: "Understanding the Impact of HIV/AIDS in Rural Texas among African American Women Living in Public Health Region 3".
- Amy Clark, BA, (2009) a current master's graduate student in health studies, partnered with Senator Jane Nelson (R-Lewisville) and House Representative Roy Guillen (D-Rio Grande City), Texas Association Against Sexual Assault (TAASA), and the Texas Council on Family Violence (TCFV) to testify before Texas Congress in favor of House Bill 2577 and SB 83 which expands lease termination options to family violence and sexual assault victims not living with their abusers. This legislation becomes law effective January 1, 2010. Because of her advocacy efforts, Ms. Amy Clark was thanked as a partner and advocate in the 2009 81st Legislative Update published by the Texas Council on Family Violence.
- Ashley Walker, PhD, (2008) is currently employed as an assistant professor at the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) for the Master's of Public Health program in community health and and an affiliate faculty for Colorado School of Public Health. UNC is an affiliate university of the Colorado School of Public Health, a consortium of UNC, University of Colorado-Denver, and Colorado State University.
page updated 11/26/2013 11:49 AM