All students attending TWU 2007 fall or later must complete the following:
- 25% of 120 hour degree must be completed at TWU (30 hours)
- 36 hours of upper division
- ½ of each concentration area must be completed at TWU
- All core courses and elective courses must be completed
- Institutional GPA must be 2.0
- Cumulative GPA must be 2.0
- Must complete 2 courses in Global Perspectives
All General Studies students must:
- Complete and turn in a Degree Verification Form [PDF]
- Run a Degree Audit and meet with the BGS advisor prior to applying for graduation
- Apply for graduation by the graduation deadline
- Review the Student Graduation Checklist to make sure you graduate on time.
- Purchase commencement regalia (cap, gown, etc.) through the Bookstore. The Bookstore will be open on the day of commencement to pick up regalia. Please check their website for the exact hours. If possible, attend the Commencement Extravaganza in the Bookstore to review information and make purchases related to commencement.
- Attend Commencement Extravaganza
- Contact the Office of Marketing and Communication for information about hometown press releases.
- Requirements to receive honors recognition at graduation: A minimum of 30 semester credit hours must be earned at TWU before the final semester to qualify for this recognition. Graduation honors recognition at the commencement ceremony is based on the cumulative GPA at the end of the semester prior to the final semester. Graduation honors recognition as recorded on the diploma or posted to the official transcript is based on the cumulative GPA at the end of the final semester. The cumulative GPA ranges for these graduation honors are as follows:
- Summa Cum Laude - 3.900 and above
- Magna Cum Laude - 3.700-3.899
- Cum Laude - 3.500-3.699
- Commencement Ceremony Information & Live Video Stream
- Ticket Information
- Unsure of what ceremony you are in? Review this guide.
- What to expect the day of your ceremony
- Do you need special accomodations?
- Cap and Gown
- Degrees are not awarded based on participation at commencement. Degrees are based on final grades. Grades are posted within a week of the end of the term. Degrees are posted to the official transcript approximately 5-6 weeks following graduation.
- Students should consult with their advisors to ensure all grades of Incomplete (I) have been updated to a standard grade.
- Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your application for graduation approxmiately 6-8 weeks after the graduation date. Diplomas will not be issued until all financial and administrative obligations to the University have been cleared.
page updated 5/16/2013 9:35 AM