Information regarding the approved changes to the association Bylaws
as of 8/1/2016
Key points of the partnership are:
- All graduates are members of the TWU Alumni Association.
- No dues are required; donations are welcome and accepted.
- Chapters and other TWU alumni groups will continue to exist and be supported by the TWU Alumni Association.
- All current benefits of a life member remain in place, we thank you for your loyal support!
- Association Board members will provide leadership for the new structure.
- Staff support and resources to the Association will be provided through the TWU Office of Alumni Relations and other entities.
- The TWU Foundation will serve as the fiscal agent for all funds including investments.
- The Association will retain responsibility for administration and distribution of donations directed to the Association.
- All donor directives to the Association will be honored.
- To ensure Association assets are protected, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed with the TWU Foundation; the Memorandum is dated April 12, 2016.
- Letter with ballot from President, highlighting the changes to the association
- The current Bylaws of the association as amended in 2013
- The proposed Bylaws amending the name and structure of the association
List of life members who contribute annually to the FSA for support and operating expenses -
- Alumni Services
- Choice & Wyndham Hotel Discounts (click for your discounts)
- Car Rental Discounts (click for your discounts)
- 10% Discount at Follett Bookstore * – Denton campus only
- Membership at TWU Fitness and Recreation Center *- Denton campus only ($95/semester w/$50 app fee)
- Guest Privileges at TWU's Denton, Dallas and Houston Libraries - a Courtesy Card (check-out up to 5 items and access databases )onsite
- 10% Discount on TWU School of the Arts Concerts and Performances *
Priceless Rewards for being an active alumni
- Demonstrate appreciation for the excellent education you received
- Assist current students through the extensive TW AA Scholarship Program
- Show pride in your university and its legacy and traditions
- Help TWU AA sponsor, plan and host the annual Homecoming reunion events
- Contribute to TWU AA’s annual awards programs: the new Accolades Awards - the Distinguished and the Hallmark Alumni Awards; and Outstanding Students Awards
- Participate by volunteering for TWU AA-sponsored events and committees
- Help TWU AA support and strengthen its academic and geographic chapters
- Stay in touch with your university, classmates and department
- Help TWU demonstrate active alumni involvement to the Texas State Legislature and the State Board of Higher Education
page updated 9/23/2016 10:09 AM