The Alumni Association is looking to fill new positions on the Board of Directors.
We are looking for a diverse group of volunteer alumni who would be interested in serving on the Board of Directors. Alumni who are committed to TWU and the alumni association and who have a variety of career backgrounds and expertise are needed to create a strong and active board. Do you or someone you know have these qualifications? See the criteria for more information and complete and return the nomination form to the Alumni Association office or email email@example.com.
Information regarding the approved changes to the association Bylaws as of 8/1/2016 -
Key points of the partnership are:
- All graduates are members of the TWU Alumni Association.
- No dues are required; donations are welcome and accepted.
- Chapters and other TWU alumni groups will continue to exist and be supported by the TWU Alumni Association.
- All current benefits of a life member remain in place, we thank you for your loyal support!
- Association Board members will provide leadership for the new structure.
- Staff support and resources to the Association will be provided through the TWU Office of Alumni Relations and other entities.
- The TWU Foundation will serve as the fiscal agent for all funds including investments.
- The Association will retain responsibility for administration and distribution of donations directed to the Association.
- All donor directives to the Association will be honored.
- To ensure Association assets are protected, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed with the TWU Foundation; it is dated April 12, 2016.
- The previous Bylaws of the association as amended in 2013
- The approved Bylaws amending the name and structure of the association on August 1, 2016.
List of life members who contribute annually to the FSA for support and operating expenses -
- Alumni Services
- Choice & Wyndham Hotel Discounts (click for your discounts)
- Car Rental Discounts (click for your discounts)
- 10% Discount at Follett Bookstore * – Denton campus only
- Membership at TWU Fitness and Recreation Center *- Denton campus only ($95/semester w/$50 app fee)
- Guest Privileges at TWU's Denton, Dallas and Houston Libraries - a Courtesy Card (check-out up to 5 items and access databases )onsite
- 10% Discount on TWU School of the Arts Concerts and Performances *
Priceless Rewards for being an active alumni
- Demonstrate appreciation for the excellent education you received
- Assist current students through the extensive TW AA Scholarship Program
- Show pride in your university and its legacy and traditions
- Help TWU AA sponsor, plan and host the annual Homecoming reunion events
- Contribute to TWU AA’s annual awards programs: the new Accolades Awards - the Distinguished and the Hallmark Alumni Awards; and Outstanding Students Awards
- Participate by volunteering for TWU AA-sponsored events and committees
- Help TWU AA support and strengthen its academic and geographic chapters
- Stay in touch with your university, classmates and department
- Help TWU demonstrate active alumni involvement to the Texas State Legislature and the State Board of Higher Education
page updated 10/13/2016 12:20 PM